Manjaro deepin brightness issue

Hai.. I accidentally used keyboard function key to reduce brightness to zero while using Manjaro deepin de. Unfortunately after recent update the brightness increase key isn't working. Now when ever I boot , after login , brightness drops to zero so that I can't use laptop. Fortunately the issue is only in deepin desktop only and since I have xfce installed already I can login to xfce without any issues. How to increase / reset deepin de brightness , ideally from xfce environment itself or use some keyboard shortcuts.. ? Pls help. I am ok with following command line actions. Been using Manjaro for two years , but zero knowledge of programming and associated jargon.
Thanks in advance

the keys you use for brightness - i take it they're dual use keys, possibly Fn? I had an update a good while back that for some reason turned on Fn lock hence brightness didn't work till i toggled it back to what it was before.

Thanks for replying.. :slightly_smiling_face:
It's not fn lock I think.. even when screen is black I can adjust sound via keyboard itself.
Laptop is lenovo IdeaPad series. I changed brightness by Fn key+ up/ down arrow. Unfortunately for me only down arrow is working.
I think I need to reset , not sure

hmmm....can you try the F6 key? I'm writing on a thinkpad and i'm thinking maybe the shortcut got remapped! (or indeed any other function key)

Will try.. thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by