community-edition
deepin
iso

Manjaro-Deepin 17.1.11.1, featuring Deepin Desktop 15.6 is now ready for

full edition:
direct | sig | sha1 | sha256 | torrent
minimal-edition:
direct | sig | sha1 | sha256 | torrent

As mentioned above, this release now officially provides Deepin Desktop 15.6, although Arch-based users are already accustomed to the new features since they have been receiving package updates on the fly during the whole development … :wink:
For a summary of the current state you can have a look at Linuxdeepin’s official 15.6 announcement.

Most notable for many of us who have been complaining about deepin-file-manager not following gtk-theming, it now at least provides a dark theme option, matching deepin-dark-theme (although this is still a hard-coded look) - same applies for other native Deepin applications.

file-manager_dark

All in all my impression is that Deepin Desktop runs quite smoothly and without any major hickups :slight_smile:

enjoy!

Manjaro-Cinnamon, -Deepin and -i3 updated to 17.1.9

Whats the system requirement for this?

About the same as for Cinnamon or GNOME.

Was the blur problem already fixed?
When you add a new custom wallpaper and open deepin`s menu, it shows up a black screen…

As I have commented on the Linuxdeepin github issue, I cannot reproduce the problem.
It seems to be a special case on the user’s system where desktops and applications have been mixed…
It certainly doesn’t exist on the 17.1.11 ISO.

It can be made quite light by disabling many startup services.

A comparison of RAM usage of Manjaro editions β€œout of the box” was made by Chrysotomus:
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/ram-consumption-of-different-manjaro-editions/41133
You can also disable animations to reduce the strain on the CPU / GPU.

I just gave it a test drive, and wow is it slick! Well done! :smile:

What’s the differents between deepin stable and minimal iso? What software missing? thx

Have a look at this list.
Everything marked β€œ>extra” is only included in the full version.

I realized today that deepin-anything, Deepin’s file search tool, being a dkms package requires linux-headers explicitly installed, in this case linux414-headers. Otherwise you will see module load errors during boot process.
To fix this on existing installs you can simply install the headers for the kernel you are actually using.

I have now updated the ISO edition to 17.1.11.1 with the fix already included.

@oberon bootfehler deepin nach neuinstallation [Failed to find module 'vfs_monitor']

:+1::+1::+1:
great… no error… thx!!!

when i disable window effect i got shadows like cuts on the screen i can see it when i watch video or hide and show a white page.
it’s weird issue, happend before with me on xfce.

install on 3 notebook, works like a charm, best linux desktop, good job!

Hi @oberon ,
I get [FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules on boot.
I am on kernel 4.17.9

Output of: systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service

● systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2018-07-30 15:44:18 IST; 2min 16s ago
     Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
           man:modules-load.d(5)
  Process: 483 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 483 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jul 30 15:44:18 hp systemd[1]: Starting Load Kernel Modules...
Jul 30 15:44:18 hp systemd-modules-load[483]: Failed to find module 'vfs_monitor'
Jul 30 15:44:18 hp systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jul 30 15:44:18 hp systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jul 30 15:44:18 hp systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

How to fix? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Fixed

Ran sudo dkms install deepin-anything/0.0.1 -k 4.17.9-1-MANJARO
And now I don’t get those errors :wink:

is alt+drag a feature of deepin yet?

@oberon

Thank you for maintaining this edition. One of my laptops for serious work is at the lower end (quadcore, 1,8GB Ram, but lovely to write long texts on it). I have looked for a pretty light OS. LXDE is great, XFCE is great, but - guess what? Manjaro Deepin consumes only slightly more RAM at idle, not worth to mention, and is way more attractive, also very snappy and stable.
Long story short: Please keep up the work for this edition!

Thanks a lot! Have fun with Deepin! :laughing:

Yes, I love Deepin myself and use it as my preferred desktop at the local Men’s Shed where I volunteer as an IT Supervisor. I love hearing the enquiring wonder reactions β€œwhat on earth is that” as the start up theme runs (volume on full). I get a lot of β€œthat looks good but very complicated” comments.
I would love the admin area to realise it isn’t really that different to other computer desktops and switch them from LMDE (after previously educating and abolishing Windows). Unfortunately, mainstream infrequent users only tolerate β€œXP feel” alternate desktops at a stretch.

Hi there oberon, I’m just jumping in to thank you, so very much, for all the work and time you guys put into this Deepin version of Manjaro. Sorry if I’m spamming but I’ve been wanting to express how great it is for a long time but didn’t know where and how. It is by far my favorite DE, but better than deepin OS in my opinion. Thanks again, I wish you guys all the best!

Unfortunately deepin-file-manager still isn’t actually respecting gtk-theming. It uses a hard-coded theme which has a dark variation. You can activate it by selecting it in the file-manager’s settings:

Screenshot_2018-09-30_09-57-33