5 Likes

Thanks…good job
rock solid
(Krita don’t love Deepin)

The Deepin is heavier than KDE?

Torrents are now live!

2 Likes

Great, thanks! :slight_smile:

About the same. Deepin uses GTK2/3 and QT.

Regards

Here is a comparison of Deepin’s minimal startup memory usage with Budgie:

I agree with @c00ter that KDE can be made about as light at startup, but @Strit wrote that KDE is very efficient when it comes to heavy load, so it’s RAM usage doesn’t grow that big with more KDE apps open.

1 Like

Is it just me or is there bug in the sound applet? When I adjust volume hover/mouse wheel is often jumps 100% even when you are lowering down…

I have it, too, sometimes. Keyboard shortcuts work.

Playing with this as Budgie hasn’t been impressing me, and ran into one small problem, how does one reposition the displays? I couldn’t find a way, so I resorted to arandar (IIRC, I’m on a different computer right now) which solved the problem, and I might suggest it being included unless I missed something.

Is it only me or I am not understanding how to get Manjaro Deepin
When I click on https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarolinux-community/files/release/16.10/deepin/ it shows my the cinnamon i.e. manjaro-cinnamon-16.10.3-stable-x86_64.iso (1.5 GB)

Am I missing something here?

Thank you in advance.

Uhm, I think it’s only you, yes :wink: :laughing:
Clicking your link it brings me straight to deepin 16.10
BUT!! In any case I suggest you use the latest 16.10.3 release anyway, which can be found here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarolinux-community/files/release/16.10.3/deepin/ :slight_smile:

I am clicking on the the URL in the Original Post though.

Well, that one is the same and it equally works for me … I have no ideal what’s going wrong for you there!

This is what I see:

Looking for the latest version? Download manjaro-cinnamon-16.10.3-stable-x86_64.iso (1.5 GB)

Ah. Now I see what you mean.
Sourceforge links the latest upload of the whole account automatically there - it can be any edition in fact…
I don’t know why it’s currently not showing the really latest, which would be deepin.
But in any case, as I said it is for the whole SF-account and will change anyway and we have no influence on that. Sorry.

1 Like

I get it now.
Thank you for your replies. I found the file in the list instead.

Appreciate your time.

Got this up on my Dell XPS 15 and thought I’d post what is not working yet for anyone else that may also want to install this distro flavor on similar hardware.

Display Resolution - the initial resolution came up at 3840x2160 but could not find any utility in the Deepin settings panel to change the scaling. Additionally all supported resolutions are listed in the Deepin settings panel along with the currently set resolution being highlighted however clicking different resolutions doesn’t have any effect and thus upon login I have to execute xrandr -s 2880x1620 to have usable real estate. I’ve opened a thread here for help on this here: forum.manjaro.org/t/permanent-display-resolution-xps15/16243

Resume - I’ve read about issues w/ the 4.4 kernel having issues with suspend/hibernate so I disabled the β€œcomputer suspend” option in Deepin settings panel and left the display set to 15min, If the display suspends I can resume via keyboard/tracpad but if I close the lid, no bueno. Here’s a thread I opened for tracking this issue: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/dell-xps15-wont-resume-after-lid-close/16427

Taskbar - Network doesn’t update and still shows no network even after being connected. Connecting to wifi was no as intuitive where if you try to connect to a new AP, it won’t intuitively prompt for a key but rather you must first use the Deepin settings panel and expand the wireless network you wish to connect to first, enter the password into those expanded settings and then click save. Clicking save also jumps right into attempting to connect so if you’re already on one wireless network and simply want to update the password on another, be forewarned you will change networks…at least via this current GUI.

Bluetooth - I had to install pavucontrol and bluez-hid2hci before it would successfully connect to my earbuds and play audio. It’s still somewhat cumbersome to switch devices as the remembered paring randomly switches back to the default audio profile and then I have to change it back, disconnect and reconnect. I opened a thread here: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-deepin-bluetooth-xps15/16244

SSD Optimized - Haven’t looked into this yet but it’s on my list as I’m not sure out of the box I need to tweak my HD setup for better longevity of my SSD

That’s it for now, I’ll update as needed.

That is fairly common in most if not all the DEs except Plasma, which is a major reason I’m using it. You can probably β€˜cement’ it via dconf-editor.

Regards

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!