Manjaro Cinnamon 17.0 (Alpha 1)

The first pre-release of Manjaro Cinnamon includes some of the very latest contributions of our great community:

manjaro-hello, the new application to welcome the new user on the install media, currently being polished and finalized by @huluti is aleady in great shape and will finally introduce multi-language support on Manjaro welcome screens.

Also included you will find @mcder3’s brand new icon-theme maia2 aswell as some new wallpapers of @Reznorix’s impressive new collection for all desktop environments.

Other than that, you will find the latest packages on the ‘unstable’ branch of course, including the complete x-apps stack and the latest development-version of installer calamares.
These ISOs were created with manjaro-tools 0.14 branch, which is getting ready to be the next mt stable release and also feature the new (and not completely finished in detail, yet :wink: ) grub menu.

Please test thoroughly and give us feedback.

>> Download <<

Cinnamon Version
[Testing Update] 2016-12-24 - KDE Apps 16.12, KDE Framework 5.29, Libreoffice, QT5, Python
Manjaro KDE (17.0-rc3)

Me likey - very much - :slight_smile:

Occurs when installation is finished and ONLY if using UEFI boot
Using danish as installation language.
Using custom partitioning with

• 512MB ext2 mounted @ /boot
  • 512MB fat32 mounted @ /boot/efi boot and esp flag
  • 25GB ext4 mounted @ /
  • 100GB ext4 mounted @ /home

Not possible at user-creation to select use same password for root
Shell selection not possible (empty dropdown)

Now retrying with english language and got exactly same error

Me too I noticed in the summary it said sdb for boot it used to say sda and when it failed to install grub if I reboot it of course falls over but thinks grub is on sda4 this is a windows partition, if it means sdb4 that is linux swap! so I guess it is really broken.

@philm ?

Installation went very smooth for me.

Not possible at user-creation to select use same password for root
Shell selection not possible (empty dropdown)

Although I don’t use encryption I didn’t see that option in Calamares installer

I have just updated the images, including these latest changes:

• Philip has fixed some issues with the boot screen: We now have the ‘non-free drivers’ boot-option back and booting from hdd with the ISO still in the drive is fixed.
  • Booting the 32bit version with vbox 64bit ‘CPU’ is now working.
  • Since apparently there is no movement with the outdated Cinnamon packages via upstream Archlinux, I created some overlay packages with the latest versions ‘exclusively’ for Manjaro :sunglasses: So we are now supplying:
    cinnamon 3.2.7
    cinnamon-control-center 3.2.1
    cinnamon-desktop 3.2.4
    cinnamon-screensaver 3.2.12
    cinnamon-settings-daemon 3.2.1
    muffin 3.2.1
    nemo 3.2.2 and
    nemo-preview, -python, -share and -seahorse 3.2.0
    on our unstable branch.

Have fun! :wink:

I installed the ISO from before the boot screen fix to a HDD, used btrfs filesystem and was highly delighted that Calamares now creates a root and a home subvolume by default (Ubiquity style). Even better it is possible to run
cat /proc/mounts
to get the mountpoint of the install target and then remount it with compress option, while the isntaller is starting to write data to the target partition.

sudo mount -o remount,compress-force=lzo,autodefrag -t btrfs /dev/sda1 /tmp/calamares-...

This feature has been asked for by many users. Thanks and kudos to Calamares devs and their contributors!

Otherwise the system boots and works ok. All updates on unstable went well.
I don’t know what to do with Cinnamon at all…
I didn’t like that the menu is too transparent, it makes it difficult to find the applications. But I don’t know where to set transparency.

The WiFi connections gets saved from the live session, but it didn’t work initially. The network was available, but the connection failed until I deleted the existing connectionand creatd a new one, then it worked.

Difference between upgrading from 16.06.1 and installing Fringilla
Experience with architect Linux or other cli-installers?

I also can’t stand the default theme that gets applied to the menu and panels.

You can change the appropriate CSS in /usr/share/themes/Vertex-Maia/cinnamon/cinnamon.css

I usually just add some new descriptors at the end of the file to overwrite the defaults.

- Overwrites border-image in top and bottom panels to make opaque.
    - Sets top and bottom panels to a dark gray to match Vertex Maia theme.
    - Makes the popup menu scrollbar background transparent.
    - Makes alt-tab match opaque/dark theme.
    - Makes popup menu completely opaque.
    - Makes popup menu color slightly lighter than panels for better contrast.
.panel-bottom {
    border-image: none;
    background-color: rgba(35,36,35,1);

.panel-top {

.menu {
  background-color: rgba(50,50,50,1);

.switcher-list {

StScrollBar StBin#trough {