Any auto-installer of sorts for Wordpress(self-hosted)?

I used to have script for setting up a lamp stack, but using docker is probably a better idea anyway

1 Like

Just something a bit unrelated, how can I find what program is using a port? It’s stopping me from starting Wordpress…

No, no problem, I used poor descriptors. Just endorsing the docker idea and wanted to add that plugins can be tricky.

Ping me if you wanna see the docker file I used as a moderate example.

1 Like

That would be interesting just to see tbh

Me not being able to connect? I’m trying to provide a screen of what localhost looks like right now in hopes that can help identify it, but this doesn’t allow links…

It’s titled Index of /

I’m sorry, I meant that script that was mentioned. There’s a few ways to get that info, opensnitch might help here. I know there’s a cli quick way but I’m away from a computer at the moment and my memory is terrible.

I’ll check it out

@Moonlight_Sonata netstat is the tool I use for check what’s listening on which ports. This will tell you what’s exposed on your device.

https://www.tecmint.com/find-listening-ports-linux/

If you’re talking about a docker container, it depends on the container. You can check the image documentation on docker hub to see what the default is. You can customize this however you decide whenever you stand up the dockerized stack.

Using docker-compose made this a lot easier but tbh, still took me a couple weeks of reading to get it just right.

if port 80 used is a web server (apache, nginx, caddy …)
But is easy to change port in docker-compose

ports:
      - 8080:80

first value is our host (here localhost:8080), no change second is in contener

1 Like

@airclay @papajoke
A simple reboot fixed the issue :pensive: (must’ve been a leftover from a program I uninstalled or something).
But it’s all working(so far, haven’t experminented with stuff like plugins yet), so hopefully this all goes well!

2 Likes

Hey all!
So I’ve got Wordpress working as stated before, but is there any good or decent drag-n-drop editor out there(for free) on Wordpress? I don’t feel like I can customize anything without one…
If not one of those, what do y’all reccomend for getting good customization(besides writing CSS/HTML)?

This one seems to be popular, but not as good as the the paid options.

I thought WordPress was a management system in itself, but apparently there is whole industry of WordPress drag and drop site builders…

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that one, confused me a bit and was also confused on how to make new pages my home page. I’ll see if I can figure out anything

Hi ! For self hosting server with automated installation of WordPress (of any other Web software), I use :

https://yunohost.org/

For WordPress blogs or site , if I use Elementor Page Builder with Kadence theme or Hello theme (the latter when I use Elementor Pro), if it’s e-commerce, I use Woostify theme.

For safety, I use NinjaFirewall and for SEO, SEOPress. (more WP security hint’s on a tuto of mine - translation by clicking the flag)

1 Like

I too had script for lamp stack…

That did the trick! Had to sacrafice a few things with the free plan but I got what I wanted, thanks!

Nice ! What combo did you use ?

I’m back!
Anyway, I did the Kadence theme with Elementor Free.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.