Manjaro can't power off on Intel NUC11

I bought an Intel NUC11PHKi7C a few days ago, and installed Manjaro/xfce yesterday. Everything is OK except I can’t power off my computer completely.

When I click power off from GUI, or use systemctl poweroff from command line , the system is halted after reboot: Power down (When I press the numlock in the keyboard, it can’t turn off the LED). It’s very similar to : unix. stackexchange. com /questions/623159/ubuntu-shutdown-does-not-power-off-tried-other-solutions

From archlinux wiki :

After issuing a shutdown, the NUC might remain in some state which is not completely shut down, as indicated by a remaining blue power LED. In this case it’s neccesary to power off the unit by holding the power button for a few seconds.
The workaround for this issue is to disable all wake-on-CIR (infrared sensor) options in the BIOS. In some cases it might be required to disable the CIR sensor completely to fix the issue.

But I can’t find the CIR sensor options in BIOS.

btw, When I run acpi , it reports No support for device type: power_supply . Is this an ACPI issue ?

Are you sure it has the latest BIOS version … Maybe this will help

Thanks. I found the CIR sensor is off by default in BIOS, so my issue can’t solved by it.

Can you still make sure the bios is up to date?

From Ach Wiki

Poweroff Intel NUC - ArchWiki (archlinux.org)

After issuing a shutdown, the NUC might remain in some state which is not completely shut down, as indicated by a remaining blue power LED. In this case it’s neccesary to power off the unit by holding the power button for a few seconds.

The workaround for this issue is to disable all wake-on-CIR (infrared sensor) options in the BIOS. In some cases it might be required to disable the CIR sensor completely to fix the issue.