Manjaro cannot find my network printer nor can it be added

I’m really frustrated and was wondering WHY it is so difficult to automatically let Manjaro find and configure my Brother network printer?!

The last versions, since about a year ago (ARM, XFCE, Cinnamon), CUPS is not working at all and will not start the printer spooler, whatever I try. Connecting an USB-cable (always worked the old-fashioned way) is not working anymore. By the way, the printer is correctly registered in my network.
Installing, reinstalling of any printer related Manjaro software doesn’t make any difference.
The result is always the same: CUPS anyhow cannot start the printer spooler (nor can I manually).
So somehow it is not possible to connect (via localhost) to my printer.
I really don’t understand what had changed in Manjaro since the last year, because it started since about a year ago, and how to solve it instantly. Before this problem was never so dominant.

A while back CUPS needed manual intervention, so I am just making sure. It went like this:

sudo systemctl disable --now org.cups.cupsd.socket
sudo systemctl disable --now org.cups.cupsd.service
sudo systemctl disable --now org.cups.cupsd.path
sudo systemctl enable --now cups.service
sudo systemctl enable --now cups.socket
sudo systemctl enable --now cups.path 

:smiley: Thx for your effective support :sunny:

After the 1st, 2nd and 3rd sudo command, I got the next notification:
‘Failed to disable unit: Unit file org.cups.cupsd.socket does not exist.’
But the final three commands made me really smile :smiley:

switched the solution to @jrichard326’s post

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.