Manjaro bootable USB

Hi Guys,

I want to use Manjaro and I have created a bootable usb of the latest distribution of Manjaro using balena etcher and rufus. The bootable usb is detected by my HP envy 2014 computer running Windows 10 and ubuntu 18.04, however, my lenovo thinkad 2016 computer running ubuntu studio and Fedora cannot detect it, this is the computer I want to install Manjaro on.

I would appreciate any help on how to get the installer running on my lenovo machine

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help

If one of your computers detects the USB stick as a bootable device while the other computer does not, then the problem is almost certainly a matter of the boot settings in the BIOS or UEFI.

Try entering the UEFI setup menu on the Fedora machine, and check whether it supports booting from USB.

In addition to that, also make sure that if you install Manjaro to the same drive as what contains your Fedora and Ubuntu Studio installations, then it must be installed in the same way, by which I mean either in UEFI mode or in legacy BIOS compatibility mode. You must never mix operating systems that boot in UEFI mode with operating systems that boot in legacy BIOS mode on the same drive ─ having them on separate drives is okay.

Did you made your usb bootable from windows ?
If you did (check the usb stick partitions, should be only one 4 mb in the middle), try a dd from Fedora or Ubuntu, should solve your problem.

Don't use the Ubuntu media creation tool - it won't work.

On Windows only Rufus can create the USB correct. On Linux there is several tools to do the job - dd being the most low-level CLI tool as @Lyff suggests.

Any Linux tool doing a bit-bit transfer - writing the ISO content to USB will work.

To my knowledge - at least Ubuntu, but maybe Fedora too has Secure Boot signed efi loaders.

Ensure you have disabled Secure Boot in the system's firmware.

Forum kindly sponsored by