Manjaro barely functioning after updates today

Try to do this

sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

Then

sudo pacman -Syu

I ended up being able to solve it. This was part of the solution, I ended up finding this and the rest out through old forum posts after that. I found that command you gave me from googling.

First I ran sudo manjaro-chroot -a from the live USB, then did the rest:

sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

I needed to run this because of this error:
error: failed to synchronize all databases (unable to lock database)
Which means that the installation thinks there is already an instance of pacman running. That makes sense because Manjaro crashed in the middle of running an update.

After that, the sudo pacman -Syu and mhwd-kernel -i commands still did not fix it. running sudo pacman -Syu said there was nothing to do. So, I found this post, and tried these commands:

pacman -Syu linux513 linux513-headers
mkinitcpio -P
update-grub
sync
exit

And they fixed the Manjaro installation. Installing the kernel from pacman in this way worked, and I booted into the system cleanly. It recognizes all my monitors now and isn’t wildly broken. I’m not sure how stable it is though, opening Firefox developer edition gives me this weird window now, even after removing and reinstalling, but all my other programs seem to be working. I can just use regular Firefox and that is working.
2021-09-04_16-30

Or you can try firefox-nightly if you want the cutting-edge of it.
I use it from 6 months, no issue.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.