Manjaro-ARM relaunch

manjaroarm

There is Gnash (Gnu flash).

It might build from the AUR on ARM if you edit it’s PKGBUILD for it:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gnash-git/

Gnash is not flash-plugin lol.
For Example, Internet Radio sometimes needs original flash.

And now I am on #manjaro-arm room in freenode . :slight_smile:

If that does not work, then I can’t help you. Adobe does not provide a binary of Flash for ARM. So you need to take it up with them. :slight_smile:

Okay, I should do :slight_smile: Thanks . :slight_smile:

most internet radios offer m3u and aac - playlists to stream them in any music player. Never had to use flash to listen to internet radio.

The best answer is use chrome/chromium with pepper-flash. This has been true since croutoning chromebooks - adobe never made flash available on ARM … and as they are discontinuing it, I assume they never will.
Anything still developed/running on flash should move to html5 or will be left to die.

Okay. Please Dont waste a time to add flash-plugins original lol

Sounds awesome! Do you plan on supporting ARMv8 on the Pi by any chance?

When Arch Linux ARM does as a final release, we probably will.
But right now it’s a proof of concept and still very unstable, they say.

Ok, makes sense. Just ordered the new Pi 3 B+, can’t wait to try Manjaro on it!

I believe that will use the same image as the rpi2 and 3 does, so you should be able to get the Minimal image on it for sure. :slight_smile:

I use on my Pi 3 the AArch64 version (ARMv8) and I find it quite stable. But with that I can’t use the closed source pi vendor libraries and I don’t have X.org installed so can’t say anything about that.

Yeah. The reason is given on the Arch Linux ARM page for the raspberry pi 3.

AArch64 Installation

This provides an installation using the mainline kernel and U-Boot. Use this installation only if you have no dependencies on the closed source vendor libraries shipped in the ARMv7 release. This installation has near full support for the device, including the VC4 graphics.

I might buy a Ninja Blocks v.1.2.1 Beagleboard based thing for cheap. But I cannot find the exact specs of it and am a bit hesitant. Another option could be odroid X2 Exynos4412, but it might get a bit expensive.

We do have Beaglebone kernels in our repo, so you might be able to get it going. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a raspberry pi, just see the website, it looks cool!

I’d be willing to test out a release for raspberry pi. I have a several pi 3s and one of them is not in use currently.

Great.
Cubietruck (Allwinner A20) and/or TX3 Mini (Amlogic S905W) would be really nice. Especially if the lima kernel driver starts being usable. Can play around with the TX3 but the Cubietruck is in use (kind of)

pcDuino 3 core
ARM Cortex A7 Dual Core (2x1GHZ)
RAM 1 GB
Flash memory 4 GB

Opinion?

Sounds expensive for what you get.

Any odroid would be a better deal. :slight_smile: