Deleting Windows 10 After Dual Boot

Hi all,

So I’ve really enjoyed Manjaro and am gonna wipe windows 10 from my hard drive to make space. I’ve stored everything I need from my windows 10 partiton, gonna back up my manjaro drive just be play it safe too. The question is, which windows partitions do I delete?

I see a handful of partitions from disk management:

From what I can tell online, the EFI partition is mostly essential, it can be removed and replaced but that’s unnecessary. The C drive I have every intention of deleting. 96Gb are dedicated to Manjaro and are staying. It’s the final 3 recovery partitions that I’m stumped by. Are these strictly for Windows and free for deletion? Or do they provide some useful backup feature in case I brick my OS? There doesn’t seem to be much information out there about these so I’m refraining from touching them til I know it’s safe.

Can anyone help me out and explain what I can and can’t delete?

Thanks a lot!
Foobar

I wonder why you want to delete the partitions on windows? Check them on Manjaro:

sudo parted -l
sudo gparted
1 Like

In all honesty that was out of convenience as I had been booting up windows one last time.

Model: CL1-3D256-Q11 NVMe LITEON 256GB (nvme)
Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 256GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags: 

Number  Start   End    Size    File system  Name                          Flags
 1      1049kB  714MB  713MB   fat32        EFI system partition          boot, esp
 2      714MB   848MB  134MB                Microsoft reserved partition  msftres
 3      848MB   133GB  132GB                Basic data partition          msftdata
 4      133GB   236GB  103GB   ext4         root
 5      236GB   237GB  1038MB  ntfs                                       hidden, diag
 6      237GB   255GB  17.6GB  ntfs                                       hidden, diag
 7      255GB   256GB  1369MB  ntfs                                       hidden, diag

That’s actually a lot more revealing than in Windows.

Looks like they’re all NTFS disks and the large recovery partition is an image

These 2 must stay, anything else is related to windows.

Also resizing, moving the root partition should be done in a live session. Possible the UUID will change then./etc/fstab needs to be updated accordingly, or give both partitions proper names and set LABEL=name instead of UUID=1234567890.

I thought as much, thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.