Manjaro ARM Preview2 for Raspberry Pi 4!

Manjaro ARM Preview2 for Raspberry Pi 4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heya buddy, just wanted to say thanks for all the work you're putting into this:-) my Pi4 has happily replaced my Pine64 as my main machine thanks to you and your system:-)

1 Like

Has anyone played Supertuxkart on low settings (e.g. settings 1 to 3) on the pi4 ?
Curious to know if 4 x 1.5GHz CPU has enough power to handle this ...

1 Like

Yes, some gamming test would be cool. :slight_smile:

Well hello there and welcome Mr. RAM, I see you arrived safely after todays update . :+1:

1 Like

Very nice!

Any updates on GPU acceleration?

Heya buddy, how did you get the update? I'm still only seeing 3gb?

Plus, if you could be so kind as to send me a pic of your /boot/config.txt file :slight_smile: I'd be most appreciative:-)

Ok, for anyone who's having problems with their machine not seeing the full 4gb of Ram, go into your /boot/config.txt (and if you have it /boot/config.txt.pacnew) and look for a line that says "total_mem=3072" and simply change it to say total_mem=4072. If the line isn't present in the /boot/config.txt.pacnew you'll need to insert it in the same location as it seems to need both to work:-). That will then (hopefully, he says) fix your memory/ram visability issues:-)

1 Like

The usual way I always update in terminal.
First I generate mirror-list: sudo pacman-mirrors -b stable -g and then sudo pacman -Syyu, the usual.
I haven't changed anything in config.txt.

You seem to have fixed the issue though.

1 Like

A new test. :slight_smile:

Manjaro ARM ODROID

Manjaro ARM (aarch64 ARMv8)

1 Like

Yep, oh, and see the line gpu_mem=64, put that Number up to expand your video memory allocation (bear in mind this will come off your Ram allocation) I've given my extra 1gb of ram to my video memory and dam things run well:-) ps. Michael1974, thank you for your time mate, sorry to have preempted you buddy:-)

Not that I wish to get any one's hopes up but a v3d commit was made this mourning and we are in the process of testing it. We had hoped it was using vc4-kms-v3d but it is using vc4-fkms-v3d. Here I have glxgears going full screen and it is running smooth.

1 Like

Just created a new wallpaper (it's a kitbash of a few items from the web, i do not own any logos or styles, just wanted a new wallpaper for this distro:-)

4 Likes

Looks great. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello there! I've received yesterday a raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of ram and installed Manjaro ARM onto the SD. The first installation process was easy as 1-2-3 ^.^ Many thanks for this useful step-by-step installation process (script).

However, I've got some issues - First of all I'm not able to increase the gpu_mem to ~944 (The maximum is "only 844" otherwise I won't receive a video output). I've seen the video on youtube where ETAPrime is testing Manjaro ARM (esp. YouTube) - However - My Video is flickering and stucking - My resolution is 1920x1080p. Is it possible that I forgot to install an accelerated driver? Do I have to force my resolution to 1080p? (If so could you pls tell me the correct parameter in config.txt? :wink: ) My screen is not able to display any 4K content :frowning:

And what about Kodi? Are there any plans to include it was well? I've used pacman -Ss kodi and just found a version of odroid-c2.

Thanks to all contributors / developers that you have achieved an ARM64 build for the Raspberry Pi4.

Have a great night & best regards!

1 Like

I get audio through HDMI, but still not able to get it through analog jack. How ar you switching to use it? amixer cset? UI?

Way early for flavored expectations. I understand that it will be one flavor at a time until the bugs are worked out. That being said, after all is complete do to everyones amazing work, is a Cinnamon going to follow one day?

Second thing. I have been testing the current preview (2). I can't seem to find any info on the second monitor, that, or I just can't figure it out. Is there something I missed, or is this still in the works?

Is there any DIY NAS Manjaro raspberry pi 4 tutorial guide step by step?

Cinnamon is currently not on our radar. It would also require a team member to maintain it.

What do you mean info on second monitor? Is the monitor not getting detected when plugged in?

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark