Manjaro ARM Preview1 for Khadas Vim 3

Manjaro ARM Preview1 for Khadas Vim 3!

The Manjaro ARM project is proud to announce the first test release for the Khadas Vim 3!

This is our first official Khadas board support.

KDE

No screenshots of MATE yet

Download:
KDE
MATE

Torrents are back!

Features:

The VIM3 SBC is the latest addition to our popular Khadas VIM series. It is equipped with the powerful Amlogic A311D SoC, based on the big-little CPU architecture: x4 Cortex A73 performance-cores clocked at 2.2Ghz, and x2 Cortex A53 efficiency-cores clocked at 1.8Ghz, are merged into a hexa-core configuration, and fabricated with a 12nm process to maximize performance, thermal and electrical efficiency.

VIM3 is designed with the same form-factor as our popular VIM2 and VIM1. It is the size of a credit-card, and fits perfectly inside our DIY Case. Although diminutive, VIM3 is competitively-priced and fully-featured; everything you need is already built-in. The Pro-model comes with onboard 4GB LPDDR4/4X RAM, 32GB of EMMC storage and 2T2R 802.11ac Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 5.0.

How to install:

Download the image/zip file from the download location. Verify that the download completed successfully.

After that, install Etcher (sudo pacman -S etcher if on Manjaro) and burn it to an SD card (8 GB or larger).

Put the SD card into Vim3's SD card slot and boot it up (might have to use the Key Mode). The Vim 3 should recognize the SD card as a bootable device and boot from it.

On the first boot, it will display an OEM type install. After you have made your choices it will reboot into your newly setup system.

Known Issues:

• No HW acceleration. (yet)
  • No BT/Wi-Fi (yet)
  • No audio (at least in my test, although audio device did show up).
  • No eMMC images yet.
  • M.2 SSD not tested.

Donate!

Please consider supporting us via Patreon.

4 Likes

Please advice which DTB have you used for this image? As there are S922x and A331D for the same VIM3 SOC. Just for others to know.

I will try this tonight.

Pretty sure we use the A331D, because that's the version we have.

:+1: Then its good for me. no need for me to check anything.

Thanks.

Hey, I tried it but its doesn't seem to boot.

I flashed the latest Ubuntu emmc using the usb flasher by amlogic and now it boots Ubuntu directly but with upgrade mode on it cannot recognize the manjaro usb