Manjaro arm on Amlogic Tv box?

Hi, Just receive a notice for an update is available “Manjaro-Release 21.10-1”, just one file available (file size 25K) update from 21.08-1".

Does anyone know what is this is for?

1 Like

Hello people, so i finally managed to boot manjaro KDE on a x96 mini (2gb ram 16 gb). Eventhough i think i should have gone for the xfce version ( wich i have yet to find) , i’d say it is pretty smooth. Now i’d like to ask if intalling to emmc is possible ( and relatively safe, eventhough i have kept this box just to play with it). And if there is a fix for wifi.
Again thank you all for the sharing and the hardwork

hi, where i can download rtl8822cs-dkms-git package? Need to compile and activate RTL8822CS wifi driver for latest manjaro/

Have a look here: 3.58 MB file on MEGA

[bobmarley@bobmarley-pc ~]$ git clone https://github.com/chewitt/RTL8822CS.git
Клонирование в «RTL8822CS»…
remote: Enumerating objects: 725, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (10/10), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (10/10), done.
remote: Total 725 (delta 0), reused 2 (delta 0), pack-reused 715
Получение объектов: 100% (725/725), 4.03 МиБ | 1.21 МиБ/с, готово.
Определение изменений: 100% (243/243), готово.
[bobmarley@bobmarley-pc ~]$ cd RTL8822CS/
[bobmarley@bobmarley-pc RTL8822CS]$ sed -i 's/$(MAKE) ARCH=$(ARCH) CROSS_COMPILE=$(CROSS_COMPILE) -C $(KSRC) M=$(shell pwd)/$(MAKE) -j4 -C $(KSRC) M=$(shell pwd)/g' Makefile
[bobmarley@bobmarley-pc RTL8822CS]$ sed -i 's/$(CROSS_COMPILE)strip $(MODULE_NAME).ko --strip-unneeded/strip $(MODULE_NAME).ko --strip-unneeded/g' Makefile
[bobmarley@bobmarley-pc RTL8822CS]$ make
make -j4 -C /lib/modules/5.14.12-1-MANJARO-ARM/build M=/home/bobmarley/RTL8822CS  modules
make[1]: *** /lib/modules/5.14.12-1-MANJARO-ARM/build: Нет такого файла или каталога.  Останов.
make: *** [Makefile:2296: modules] Ошибка 2
[bobmarley@bobmarley-pc RTL8822CS]$ 

i got stuck here

Try this.

sudo pacman -S dkms-rtl8822cs

It should install the drivers.

After it is installed reboot the pc and test.

[bobmarley@bobmarley-pc ~]$ sudo pacman -S dkms-rtl8822cs
[sudo] пароль для bobmarley: 
предупреждение: dkms-rtl8822cs-2020.11.20-1 не устарел -- переустанавливается
разрешение зависимостей...
проверка конфликтов...

Пакеты (1) dkms-rtl8822cs-2020.11.20-1

Будет установлено:  26,33 MiB
Изменение размера:   0,00 MiB

:: Приступить к установке? [Y/n] y
(1/1) проверка ключей                                                                                              [####################################################################] 100%
(1/1) проверка целостности пакета                                                                                  [####################################################################] 100%
(1/1) загрузка файлов пакетов                                                                                      [####################################################################] 100%
(1/1) проверка конфликтов файлов                                                                                   [####################################################################] 100%
(1/1) проверка доступного места                                                                                    [####################################################################] 100%
:: Запуск pre-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Remove upgraded DKMS modules
==> Unable to remove module rtl8822cs/2020.11.20 for kernel 5.14.10-1-MANJARO-ARM: Not found in dkms status output.
:: Обработка изменений пакета...
(1/1) переустановка dkms-rtl8822cs                                                                                 [####################################################################] 100%
Error! Your kernel headers for kernel 5.14.12-1-MANJARO-ARM cannot be found at /usr/lib/modules/5.14.12-1-MANJARO-ARM/build or /usr/lib/modules/5.14.12-1-MANJARO-ARM/source.
You can use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it's located.
ошибка: не удалось корректно выполнить команду
:: Запуск post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/2) Install DKMS modules
==> Unable to install module rtl8822cs/2020.11.20 for kernel 5.14.10-1-MANJARO-ARM: Missing kernel modules tree.

still no luck

Not sure exactly what kernel you are using but you need to install the kernel headers package that matches the 5.14.10-1 kernel you have installed.

Btw, what’s the difference between linux, linux-aml and linux-vim ? On my GXBB S905 TV box, only linux-vim could act properly to systemctl reoot and systemctl poweroff.

In my case (GT King Pro s922x using vendors bsp u-boot i.e. Android on EMMC) the stable kernel is mainline linux.

Cannot get linux-aml to boot up successfully the last I tried and linux-vim-5.13.y all the versions not stable on GT King Pro - kernel panic.

Edit: With mainline linux kernel, on USB Flash cannot get “Reboot” to work but “Shutdown” properly. But on SD Card can reboot and shutdown with mainline linux kernel.

With linux-vim (tobetter branch) if not mistaken, can reboot on USB but kernel panic.

Hi @spikerguy,

Installed the new linux-khadas-5.15.10-1 kernel on GT King Pro to replace mainline linux-5.15.10-1 and wifi is no longer available with this errors:

[    9.780416] brcmfmac: brcmf_chip_recognition: chip backplane type 5 is not supported
[    9.780429] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_probe_attach: brcmf_chip_attach failed!
[    9.780432] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_probe: brcmf_sdio_probe_attach failed
[    9.780536] brcmfmac: brcmf_ops_sdio_probe: F2 error, probe failed -19...

The firmware for wifi as far as I can tell are all available at /lib/firmware/brcm:
brcmfmac4356-sdio.bin
brcmfmac4356-sdio.txt
brcmfmac4356-sdio.clm_blob

Wonder whether you had the same issue with linux-khadas kernel on your GT King Pro. Bluetooth and Ethernet is working.

Edit: Switch to linux-5.15.7-1, wifi is available with the same firmware (same as in linux-5.15.10-1).

I will try this soon.

Interesting to know something changed.

interesting fork armbian: GitHub - ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian: Armbian for Amlogic s9xxx tv box. Support s922x, s905x3, s905x2, s912, s905d, s905x, s905w, s905, etc. including install to EMMC and update related functions.
a lot of u-boot.bin for diferent devices: amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/build-armbian/amlogic-u-boot at main · ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian · GitHub

1 Like

@JFL
Maybe you can try gtking bin on manjaro with the hope of getting kernel panic reduced if not fixed.

Tried the following u-boot-xxxx.bin from https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/tree/main/build-armbian/amlogic-u-boot:
u-boot-gtking.bin – will not boot
u-boot-gtkingpro.bin – will not boot (Edit: Correction Boot up 2 times out of 10 tries)
u-boot-odroid-n2.bin – Infinite Boot Loop

These u-boot are not compatible with my GT King Pro Rev A just like what @gtkingpro.ac2n had found out on his GT King Pro Rev A also.

If not mistaken the u-boot-gtkingpro.bin did boot on @darkstar GT King pro new wifi6 GT King Pro but according him also not very stable.

The only two u-boot that boot up consistently on my GT King Pro Rev A are:
u-boot.ext from Manjaro (or from @uropb link)
u-boot-n2.bin from Neil Armstrong

Sorry @spikerguy the new u-boot did not workout. I have not tried the ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian.

Based on input from @gtkingpro.ac2n which has similar device like mine ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian with kernel 5.4 works and does not require the chainloader u-boot to boot!

1 Like

Problem installing dkms-rtl8822cs. Wifi driver x96max+

bc : missing from package / need to be installed manual.

When building

nano /var/lib/dkms/rtl8822cs/2020.11.20/build/make.log

fatal error: net/ipx.h: No such file or directory

Linux 5.15.11-1-MANJARO-ARM
Something about removed support inn newer kernel for net/ipx

How do i use this ?

github.com/tomaspinho/rtl8821ce

1 core/rtw_br_ext.c
@@ -17,6 +17,7 @@
#ifdef __KERNEL__
	#include <linux/if_arp.h>
	#include <net/ip.h>
[details="Summary"]
[/details]

#include <linux/version.h>
#if (LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(5, 15, 0))
	#include <net/ipx.h>
#endif

I installed this package.

sudo pacman -S dkms-rtl8822cs

I think TheMojoMan made this package.
How to fix this ?

Sorry, I currently cannot help because I do not have a working image with 5.15 kernel.

Looks like removed in 5.15 upstream.
Need to see how to fix it.

I tried to patch it but then it fails to compile on dkms as ipx is missing.

patch here

I only patched partially will patch it fully and try again

Ok it is fixed. I have fixed the updated pkg to unstable branch.

@gausus You can download the file from here

install it and see if the wifi works.

1 Like