Manjaro arm on Amlogic Tv box?

Thanks :grinning:, now I can boot with 5.10 linux-vim, with u-boot.ext+meson-sm1-610.dtb the only issue now is I donā€™t have Ethernet

Edit: everything working with this u-boot and with meson-sm1-x96-max-plus.dtb
booting
Ethernet and sound
Great thanks @spikerguy
Now lets try the mainline kernel

Another great thing Iā€™m getting video hardware acceleration with mpv kernel-5.10.1, it seems that vdec driver is working now.
edit gui hardware acceleration on panfrost XFCE

Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
Vendor: Panfrost (0xffffffff)
Device: Mali G31 (Panfrost) (0xffffffff)
Version: 20.3.1
Accelerated: yes
Video memory: 3711MB
Unified memory: yes
Preferred profile: compat (0x2)
Max core profile version: 0.0
Max compat profile version: 2.1
Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
Max GLES[23] profile version: 2.0
OpenGL vendor string: Panfrost
OpenGL renderer string: Mali G31 (Panfrost)
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 20.3.1
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
OpenGL extensions:

is working, but when I open some windows I get some crashes

SuperTuxKart is working

Hi dante6913,

Does Panfrost work with linux-vim 5.10 kernel?

Ethernet still with 100MBit/s I assume?

yes is working, but with some errors when using the xfce windows.
With firefox is working fine for me. I was able to play supertuxkart and I didnā€™t notice any error.
So for desktop with some error it seems that is working on x11
Kodi is working with gui accelerated by panfrost, for video it says that is software accelerated but the video is working so smooth that it looks that is hardware accelerated by vdec?
Edit kodi is using software acceleration, I can see the difference when comparing with mpv with video hardware acceleration. So kodi needs to be compiled so that can uses vdec driver

From odroid forum about vpu decoding (video hardware acceleration vdec)

Re: Panfrost Status on Odroid N2

Post by chewitt Ā» Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:01 pm

H264 is upstream and you can start playback but when the stream goes out of sync or your seek; it stalls and you often need to start over. HEVC is not upstream and works with 8-bit content but not 10-bit and has the same issues with seeking. FFmpeg is where the seeking issue needs to be fixed. Raspberry Pi Foundation are actively working on the changes needed to make this work with their H264 codec (Amlogic and Pi H264 are both stateful decoders and share a common code path) and Iā€™m tracking the changes to give an additional angle on the work. Right now there is nice progress being made (seeking in H264 is not perfect but working well) but at some point soon thereā€™ll be a need to make changes in the Amlogic H264 code which is not being actively worked upon (the guy who wrote it has been radio silent since March). On an N2/N2+ device you can software decode all 1080p content except files with exotic encodings or super-high bitrates but I think weā€™re a few months from where we want to be (at least with H264). The terrtiary challenge is; once we make it all work we need to tidy up the code and get it upstream, and that will take time and lots of iterations. Anywayā€¦ thatā€™s the status.

These users thanked the author chewitt for the post (total 6):

istanbulls (Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:41 pm) ā€¢ jonathon (Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:33 am) ā€¢ odroidn2user (Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:26 am) ā€¢ jgmdev (Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:55 am) ā€¢ Sav (Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:01 am) ā€¢ hjheins (Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:15 pm)

yes, there is no change on this dtb

well Iā€™m going to try to ask here for help, since I used armbian and now manjaro Iā€™m having an issue with my tv (where I have my tvbox) I get the right resolution 1360x768 @60 hz but the image is always 1 cm offset from the top. So I need to push the entire image 1 cm up to be matched with my tv. If I used other monitor it works correctly, so the issue is just with this tv. I already tried xrandr but for now without success. Does anyone have a clue how this could be solved?
Thanks

Hi dante6913,
I have noticed a similart artifact on my (old) TV too. (On legacy kernels 4.9 the image is displayed correctly but not with any of the 5.x.y kernels: With the newer kernels I get a small strip of about 8px on top of my monitor the automatically detected 1360x768 60Hz mode.) You can follow the standard recipe and detect more modes like Armbian outlines and then add them manually as modelines in a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d (All modes that are supported by the monitor can also be found e.g. in /var/log/Xorg.0.log. For me the best one, with the smallest strip at the top, is a 1368x766 mode that I found this way.) Edit: These problems/solutions of mine are identical regardless of distro; Armbian, Khadas/Debian or Manjaro so I concluded it was the kernel.

1 Like

Great, that u-boot.ext did the trick for booting (the 5.10 vim kernel). Thanks a lot!

(And as described before by @dante6913 sound and ethernet works with meson-sm1-x96-max-plus.dtb and Panfrost driver does not crash anymore with vim kernel :grinning: )

1 Like

I have same issue. I donā€™t know how to resolve so I do with 1024x768 that fits well. Maybe adding a new resolution with changed size in mm? Other than the CVT one I mean.

Thanks a lot. My TV box (A95x F2) is working on Linux 5.10 thanks to your link. Where does it come from?

Now testing time :smile:

Edition:

Wow like a stone. I can not freeze it. 5 mpvs playing and no freezing. Firefox without a problem. Itā€™s the first time the box gets some temperature.

Good to know that Panfrost is now working with both linux-vim 5.10 and linux-5.10 on Bifrost G31. I am now back on Stable Branch with Manjaro-ARM-VIM3-XFCE-20.12 (linux-vim 5.9.8-2) as my previous Testing Branch crashes during a system updates (Kernel Panic) and corrupted the USB Drive.

Looking forward to test linux-vim 5.10 or linux 5.10.

Hmmā€¦ on Tanix TX3 Mini i installed kvim1-firmware kvim2-firmware ap6398s-firmwareā€¦

But i still donā€™t have WiFiā€¦ network manager shows only LANā€¦

Inxi shows that Wlan is downā€¦

Network: Device-1: meson-gxbb-dwmac driver: meson8b_dwmac v: N/A port: N/A bus ID: N/A chip ID: amlogic:c9410000
IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: 00:15:18:01:81:31
IP v4: 192.168.0.xxx/24 type: dynamic noprefixroute scope: global broadcast: 192.168.0.255
IP v6: fe80::67db:5dde:5ea8:e3cf/64 type: noprefixroute scope: link
Device-2: pwm-clock driver: pwm_clock v: N/A port: N/A bus ID: N/A chip ID: pwm-clock:wifi32k
IF-ID-1: ip6tnl0 state: down mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00
WAN IP:

Hello,

Which dtb have you used for this device?

A quick search for tanix tx3 mini wifi shows that it have some sp6330 chip and I have no idea which manufacturer is that so I canā€™t say anything about wifi support for this device.

Maybe you will have to open the box and see what is the model number of the wifi chip and then we search for its drivers online.

You can also do
sudo dmesg | grep wifi
sudo dmesg | grep wlan

With this you can see which driver is picked up by the kernel.

This returns nothing :frowning:
Iā€™m using this dtb: meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb

Hi tripole
with
xrandr --output HDMI-1 --transform 1,0,0,0,1,5,0,0,1
I can push the display 5px up from the bottom that is ok with me, but the top image isnā€™t pushed up, so for now is just a half solution
Edit
By doing it I loose vsync on video play and the video isnā€™t smooth anymore

Can i just change dtb in /boot/uEnv.ini without reinstalling Manjaro?
(so i can see which one works best for me)

Yes, you can

New Tv box support coming soon. :heart_eyes:

Guess the device?

S905x3?
Wrong?

Ugoos AM6 Plus?

1 Like