Manjaro arm on Amlogic Tv box?

I have not pkged that.

Where did you get it from as I dont see it in our kernel repo as well.

Can you share the pkgbuild for this ?

Thanks.

Oh, sorry! I did not realize that it was not packed by you and does not belong to the manjaro repo.
So I had another look and it is chewitts Amlogic branch from archlinuxdroid repo at http://archlinuxdroid.tk/archlinuxdroid/aarch64 which I added to my pacman.conf a long time ago.

I mistakenly thought that it was your 5.12 kernel that you have been talking about some posts ago.

Here you go:

dkms.conf

PACKAGE_NAME=“rtl8822cs-aml”
PACKAGE_VERSION="@PKGVER@"

AUTOINSTALL=“yes”

CLEAN[0]=“make clean”

MAKE[0]="‘make’ -j4 ARCH=arm64 KVER=$kernelver KSRC=/lib/modules/$kernelver/build/"

BUILT_MODULE_NAME[0]=“88x2cs”

BUILT_MODULE_LOCATION[0]=""

DEST_MODULE_LOCATION[0]="/kernel/drivers/net/wireless"

dkms-rtl8822cs-aml.install

post_install() {
dkms install “rtl8822cs-aml/2020.11.20”
}

post_upgrade() {
post_install
}

pre_remove() {
dkms remove “rtl8822cs-aml/2020.11.20” --all
}

PKGBUILD

_gitname=rtl8822cs
pkgname=dkms-rtl8822cs-aml
pkgver=2020.11.20
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc=“Realtek RTL8822CS wifi driver (DKMS)”
arch=(‘any’)
url=“https://github.com/chewitt/$_gitname
license=(‘GPL’)
install=dkms-rtl8822cs-aml.install
#depends=(‘dkms’ ‘linux-amlogic>=5.12’ ‘linux-amlogic-headers>=5.12’)
depends=(‘dkms’)
makedepends=(‘git’ ‘bc’)
options=(!strip)
source=(“git+${url}.git” “dkms.conf”)

md5sums=(‘SKIP’ ‘SKIP’)

prepare() {
sed -i s/GRO_DROP/GRO_MERGED_FREE/ $(pwd)/rtl8822cs/os_dep/linux/recv_linux.c
}

pkgver() {
cd “$srcdir/$_gitname”
git log -1 --format="%cd" --date=short | sed ‘s|-|.|g’
}

package() {
cp dkms.conf “$srcdir/$_gitname/”
cd “$srcdir/$_gitname”
mkdir -p “$pkgdir/usr/src/rtl8822cs-aml-$pkgver”
cp -r . “$pkgdir/usr/src/rtl8822cs-aml-$pkgver”
}

1 Like

Hi,

Is there a way to install “chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra” on Chromium in Manjaro-Arm? I don’t seem to be able to find it on Manjaro Repo.

Hi

I’m running a khadas vim3 image on my x96 max+ with mt7661rsn WiFi chip (figured it out after opening the back cover). Obviously, wifi doesn’t work and that’s why I’m here.
For some reason, Android identifies the chip as mt7663 (which should be supported by the mt76 driver since 5.8, according to the linux wireless wiki). Perhaps it’s possible to instruct mt76 to work with that mt7661 chip just like if it was mt7663?

Also, I found some *.bin and *.dat files in android’s /vendor/firmware/, like WIFI_RAM_CODE_MT7663.bin and so on, but I have no idea what to do with them.
I tried just copying android firmware to /usr/lib/firmware and at the same time copy-pasting wifi-related dts pieces from android dts, but that of course didn’t work.

dmesg shows nothing mt76*-relevant.
Doing modprobe -a mt76 doesn’t print anything to dmesg.

Maybe worth mentioning, I installed the system according to this guide, with the only difference being that right now I’m using a minimal image, not a kde-plasma one. Anyway, that doesn’t matter as the problem exists regardless of dts/image/whatever.

So, any idea how to bring the wifi up?
I’m not a Stallman fanatic, so proprietary firmware extracted from android will do, as long as everything works.

I’ll post more logs if necessary.

Thank you.

A quick search (including the link to the wireless wiki) shows that the chip is connected via the SDIO bus. Since the dmesg output doesn’t show anything mt76* relevant, this suggests that the communication over the bus is not functional (i.e. the chip isn’t even detected on the SDIO bus). (I had a similar problem with the WiFi/BT chip on my Ugoos AM6 plus, you can search the forums for info relating that.) That’s the help I can offer.

Edit: Emphasis

Is this what you’re talking about?
Do I understand it correctly that, if I do the same thing to my board, wifi will be fixed?
Anyway, how do you know what to edit and how to edit? I mean, how to find correct values for all that 0xCrap and correct filenames for firmware?

Edit: not very helpful, but thanks for your time.

Which dtb do you use? Does ethernet work?
I’ve also got a X96 Max+.
Thanks

I use this one here: 71.5 KB file on MEGA

On my box ethernet is working with the above .dtb but others have reported problems which might be due to different board revisions/different hardware.

The wiki you have cited directly links to the linux firmware files. I guess it is a better idea to start with them (but they might be identical to the ones from android).

Also: I did not find exactly how to configure the .dts for wifi for your chip but you can find detailed information about bluetooth here: Linux v5.13-rc1 - Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/mediatek-bluetooth.txt were it is written that “compatible” in bluetooth section of the .dts must be set to “mediatek,mt7663u-bluetooth” for a MT7663U device.

Thanks!
I’ll try it

Great!
It worked. I’ve tried before with many dtb’s and I didn’t success.

Sound also works through hdmi but doesn’t work jack output.
Do you know any way to have jack sound?
Thanks for your help!!

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been really busy today.

Yes, and that link points to the sources of the linux-firmware package (correct me if I’m wrong), which I of course have installed. I’m not retarded, man. I really wish it was that trivial to get that damn wifi working, but… let’s just say I’m not a very lucky person.

but they might be identical to the ones from android

They are not. Some files that can be found among android firmware files (like WIFI_RAM_CODE_MT7663.bin) are not provided by linux-firmware. Perhaps I should make use of those files, just need to figure out how.

Linux v5.13-rc1 - Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/mediatek-bluetooth.txt

Thanks, checked it out. But I still have no idea how to figure out all those 0xBytes and the page says nothing about it. Are they provided by hardware or by software? .dts extracted from android has completely different nodes hierarchy and addresses.

Hi @spikerguy,

I notice you have released linux-vim 5.12.1-1. Just checking whether this new linux-vim-5.12.1-1 is stable on GT King Pro. The previous linux-vim 5.11.y causes kernel panic on GT King Pro.

I am currently on linux-5.12.2-2 which is stable on GT King Pro but will NOT Reboot or Shutdown cleanly which need a power cycle to restart the device.

Linux-vim 5.11.y have no issue with Reboot if it doesn’t kernel panic during the reboot/booting process. Prefer to be on linux-vim 5.12.1-1 if it doesn’t have kernel panic issue on GT King Pro.

Try 5.12 as there should be not kernel panic. The shutdown and reboot is more of uboot and kernel combined.
I have not been able to test GT King Pro with linux-vim

I will try the latest kernel and see if it shutdown properly.

Hi @spikerguy,

Just installed linux-vim 5.12.1-1, Out of 5 start/boot 3 kernel panic during boot up process and 2 successful boot up. The current linux-vim 5.12.1-1 doesn’t seem to stable on GT King Pro too.

Does it looks like the linux-vim 5.11.y or linux-vim 5.12.1-1 are having conflict with the GT King Pro vendor BSP u-boot? In my experience with linux-vim 5.11.y most of the kernel panic happen during boot up process (before reaching lightdm startup) or right after successful login greeting screen. The 3 kernel panic with linux-vim 5.12.1-1 is during boot up process before login greeting screen.

Linux-vim 5.12.1-1 like linux-vim 5.11.y can Reboot or Shutdown cleanly that is if it doesn’t kernel panic.

Just bumping this as I’m still hoping to get some help.

Don’t use linux-vim I see too many kernel panic on normal use on my Khadas vim3 test. Stay on upstream kernel for now as currently that is the most stable so far.

Noted, thanks. So with current linux-vim, kernel panic is also occurring other devices not specific to GTKPro alone.

Yes, linux-5.11.y or linux-5.12.y had been stable. So far, I have not encounter any kernel panic with linux kernels and Panfrost (mesa-git) seems to work well on Xfce DE. With the new mesa 21.1.0 released, will it be better to switch to mesa 21.1.0 instead?

Yes all my S922x are on mesa only and it is very stable.