Manjaro arm on Amlogic Tv box?

Currently no but users can install the wayfire pkgs and switch to it for testing.

Waryfire is designed for touch screen device but can be used as normal desktop other issue with using Wayland is not all apps are supported yet, example obs and only few screenshots apps work on it like flameshot and wf-recorder.

Hopefully with drm updates in kernel 5.11 it should look better on x11 soon.

Thanks. By the way, Is Panfrost working well with KDE Plasma-Wayland yet?

Did get time to test it.

Will be working in ugoos images soon.

1 Like

Great for Ugoos. Will there be one also specific to Beelink devices? :wink:

Yes just have to fix the usb drive issue.

@spikerguy Could you please add the RTL8822CS wifi driver to Manjaro ARM? This is the chip that is integrated in my X96Max+ TV box and also in one of the revisions of the X96Air.
You can find the source code here: GitHub - chewitt/RTL8822CS: An RTL8822CS driver with fixes for mainline kernels

1 Like

Thank you for this, have you search for it on AUR?

I will look into it tonight.

I did a search in pamac which also shows AUR packages but did not get a result. Thanks for having a look!!!

I’ve checked and have not found anything in aur, maybe can pkg this but i don’t have device to test.

Have you tried chewitt source? Can you prepare a PKGBUILD which works for you?

I do not know how to prepare a PKGBUILD, yet. That would be a nice next goal to learn for me. But it would take some time …

I also tried to compile the driver but it failed. I think the error was something like “no target for aarch64”. I guess that the make file has to be adapted.
Also: Do I need to download the full source code of the vim kernel before to be able to compile this driver? (I know that I can download the vim kernel source from your gitlab page)

Maybe you can give it a try and upload the .ko somewhere and I would gladly do the testing on my device :grinning:

I dont know didn’t check the source yet, I need to understand what method is used for this driver.
If it is using dkms then no need to recompile the kernel.

Update: I checked it is the same and needs to be used with dkms.

If you get time then follow this pkgbuild and replace it with rtl8822cs

Ive used this for rtl8723du.

I tried to make it run but still get an error when the package is installed.
Need to do some more fixes to ‘arm.patch’ I guess because the makefile of 8822cs driver is a lot more complex than the one from 8723du.

1 Like

First attempt at making tutorial videos.

Flashing Manjaro ARM on Beelink GS King X | Sd-Card/eMMC Process | Mainline u-boot

Please share your feedback.

System: X96Max+ (Amlogic S905X3, Mali G31)
Kernel: linux-vim 5.10.5-1
Branch: unstable
DE: XFCE

@spikerguy
Sound is broken after yesterdays updates of pulseaudio to 14.2.2.
aplay -l shows my soundcard but Volume Control → Outputs only shows ‘Dummy output’.
Tried to fix it by running /usr/bin/g12_sound.sh and sudo systemctl enable sound --now and reboot but no luck.
Downgraded pulseaudio, pulseaudio-bluetooth and libpulse to 14.2.1 and redid above procedure but nothing changes. Sound is still broken.

Any ideas?

Sound problem fixed!

g12_sound.sh did not find my card correctly. After setting ‘card1’ to the right name in the script, running it, enabling sound and rebooting sound is working again.

Will upgrade pulseaudio to 14.2.2 now and see if it breaks my audio again …

Upgraded to pulseaudio 14.2.2, rebooted and … sound is still working.
Don’t know what broke my audio before but I don’t complain because it is working again :grinning:

Sorry about the sound issue, there is a confusion in g12 and sm1 sound scripts, vim3 have different routing and other devices still uses old routing.

I don’t know they will update the old audio routing to the new one uses in vim3.
While our sound script is the new routing, I do plan to spilt the package into 2.

Please check the audio routing in your device dts and share it here.

Thank you.

@spikerguy Can you help? I always get the same error when trying to install the rtl8822cs package (see below). I have uploaded my PKGBUILD, arm.patch and dkms.conf here

Here comes the output:

[themojoman@X96MaxPlus rtl8822cs-dkms-git]$ makepkg -i
==> Making package: rtl8822-dkms-git 0.1-1 (Sa 23 Jan 2021 10:07:34 CET)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Cloning rtl8822cs git repo...
Cloning into bare repository '/home/themojoman/Develop/rtl8822cs-dkms-git/rtl8822cs'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 10, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (10/10), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (10/10), done.
remote: Total 725 (delta 0), reused 2 (delta 0), pack-reused 715
Receiving objects: 100% (725/725), 4.03 MiB | 44.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (243/243), done.
  -> Found arm.patch
  -> Found dkms.conf
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    rtl8822cs ... Skipped
    arm.patch ... Skipped
    dkms.conf ... Skipped
==> Extracting sources...
  -> Creating working copy of rtl8822cs git repo...
Cloning into 'rtl8822cs'...
done.
==> Starting prepare()...
patching file Makefile
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
==> Tidying install...
  -> Removing libtool files...
  -> Purging unwanted files...
  -> Removing static library files...
  -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
  -> Compressing man and info pages...
==> Checking for packaging issues...
==> Creating package "rtl8822-dkms-git"...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Generating .BUILDINFO file...
  -> Generating .MTREE file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: rtl8822-dkms-git 0.1-1 (Sa 23 Jan 2021 10:10:01 CET)
==> Installing package rtl8822-dkms-git with pacman -U...
[sudo] password for themojoman: 
loading packages...
warning: rtl8822-dkms-git-0.1-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) rtl8822-dkms-git-0.1-1

Total Installed Size:  26,25 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       0,00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                              [###########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                            [###########################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                 [###########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                           [###########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                         [###########################################] 100%
:: Running pre-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Remove upgraded DKMS modules
==> Unable to remove module rtl8822cs/0.1 for kernel 5.10.5-1-MANJARO-ARM: Not found in dkms status output.
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling rtl8822-dkms-git                                         [###########################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/2) Install DKMS modules
==> dkms install --no-depmod -m rtl8822cs -v 0.1 -k 5.10.5-1-MANJARO-ARM
Error!  Build of 8822cs.ko failed for: 5.10.5-1-MANJARO-ARM (aarch64)
Make sure the name of the generated module is correct and at the root of the
build directory, or consult make.log in the build directory
/var/lib/dkms/rtl8822cs/0.1/build/ for more information.
==> Warning, `dkms install --no-depmod -m rtl8822cs -v 0.1 -k 5.10.5-1-MANJARO-ARM' returned 7
==> depmod 5.10.5-1-MANJARO-ARM

[themojoman@X96MaxPlus rtl8822cs-dkms-git]$ cat /var/lib/dkms/rtl8822cs/0.1/build/make.log 
DKMS make.log for rtl8822cs-0.1 for kernel 5.10.5-1-MANJARO-ARM (aarch64)
Sa 23. Jan 10:10:20 CET 2021
make: Entering directory '/usr/lib/modules/5.10.5-1-MANJARO-ARM/build'
  MODPOST /var/lib/dkms/rtl8822cs/0.1/build/Module.symvers
make: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/modules/5.10.5-1-MANJARO-ARM/build'

[themojoman@X96MaxPlus rtl8822cs-dkms-git]$ ls /var/lib/dkms/rtl8822cs/0.1/build/
clean  dkms.conf  halmac.mk    include  Makefile  modules.order   os_dep    README.md    runwpa
core   hal        ifcfg-wlan0  Kconfig  make.log  Module.symvers  platform  rtl8822c.mk  wlan0dhcp

My .dts uses the old routing and it seems I still have the old version of g12_sound.sh because I was able to fix the problem with it.

1 Like

How is your experience with Linux-kernel 5.11-rcy so far in Manjaro? Stable enough for daily use and also visual glitches compared to linux-vim 5.10.5-1.