Manjaro arm on Amlogic Tv box?

do you have Mesa and panfrost enabled?
Glxinfo - B

Which dtb did you use to get wifi to work?

My current Chromium flags setting are as follows:

~/.config/chromium-flags.conf

–ignore-gpu-blocklist
–in-process-gpu
–enable-gpu-rasterization
–enable-zero-copy
–ozone-platform-hint=auto

thank you, do you think there is a way to use the meson amvdec driver to decode youtube videos?

I don’t think so in Manjaro-Arm Chromium currently unless someone build a version of Chromium that can or a add-on/extension to automatically uses MPV to play h264 video.

Chromium and Firefox on Wayland and with gpu enabled (No VPU acceleration), it does stream Youtube video up to 1080p/30 and 720p/60 well so far.

MPV do support some hw acceleration for h264 video on S922X soc. So far it works with 1080p/30 video (hw accelerated).

mpv --hwdec=auto
mpv --hwdec=v4l2m2m-copy

No AmlVdec still does not have vp9 decoding, you can do h264 on browser and that should work smoothly.
There is a browser extension called h264ify which forces all videos to play with h264. This is what RPI have always shipped in their default browser. In my test it does not do much of a difference other then reducing dropped frame to less than 5%

I had no luck trying to boot Manjaro ARM 22.02 vim3 on any of my S905x3 boxes last night but they could still boot an old Manjaro install image I had backed up from about a year ago.

I think spikerguy said the vim3 builds switched kernel in the last year? What models of amlogic soc are the current vim3 builds known to boot on?

The vim images are not boot chainloaded any more and a previous booting process (android) makes booting fail.

All khadas vim images uses mainline uboot so it will not boot on generic devices.

You can always use am6 or gtking pro images.

No the kernel is same for all just boot method have changed.

I have dropped chainloader completely and use boit script and uboot image so all the generic devices can boot smoothly without having issue on uboot conflict while chainloading which could not not from usb in most of the devices.
User will just have to find the right dtb for their device and change it in uEnv.ini

Using this method I have brought back flashing to emmc and it works fine on most of the device we have tested it on.

1 Like

Hi, i manage to install lastest armbian s922x whitout succes GitHub - ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian: Armbian for Amlogic s9xxx tv box. Support a311d, s922x, s905x3, s905x2, s912, s905d, s905x, s905w, s905, etc. including install to EMMC and update related functions., but all the load process was in 2560*1440 on my screen. There is a way to add this resolution on your distro ?

I have updated the Manjaro AML TV boxes wiki page to recommend users try the AM6 or GT King Pro images instead of the vim3 ones.

1 Like

Lovely, Thanks for your effort.

With the current linux-khadas my s905x3 box starts well, but has only 1GB RAM instead 4GB available. I think it’s because of the new uboot chainloader. How I can change it? I tried to install uboot-odroid-c4, but nothing has changed

We can use chainloading method anymore.

We just use boot scripts. The ram issue is most likely due to wrong dtb or you’re still using chainloader process.

Okay. But I use same dtb all time. On dts I saw everywhere 1 GB. meson-sm1-sei610.dts - arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-sm1-sei610.dts - Linux source code (v5.16.14) - Bootlin
Maybe the native uboot enviroments tell the kernel the size of RAM?

Yes it does.

Maybe you know the name of the variable? I would try to overwrite it into the boot script

It is already present in the pkg.
boot-am6
boot-gtkingpro

These are for the respected models.

You can install one of it and replace the dtb in uenv.ini

Dont forget to remove old boot file especially u-boot.ext

Hopefully this should help.

Hi, dear Spikerguy, is the PSI is enable in your am6plus manjaro kde image please ?
if not there is a way to enable it ?
also, i’ve two messages error when starting my box :
-EXT4-fs (sda2): Mount option “data=writeback” incompatible with ext2
-panfrost ffe40000gpu.gpu: dev_pm_opp_set_regulators: no regulator(mali) found: -19
is it bad ?
Regards

Wayland activated! Too bad it’s buggy (one time out of two, some application doesn’t display) because it’s really smooth and flexible. amazing how powerful this little soc can be !

1 Like