Manjaro ARM for Pinebook!
I am proud to announce Manjaro ARM Preview 3 for the Pinebook.
All files are available from the above link. zip, torrent, sha1 and sha256.
New images are available. These are only preview builds though. Will probably be a little while until I have stable builds. Issues will arise on these.
New in Preview 3:
- Default browser is now Firefox.
- Default Offfice suite is now LibreOffice.
- Default media player is Baka Mplayer (frontend for mpv).
- Tools to manage GTK themes now installed.
The Pinebook is a $99 laptop, based on the popular Pine64 ARM board. It sports a quad core ARM CPU, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC, Wifi and Bluetooth and either a 14" TN screen or an 11" IPS screen.
The Manjaro ARM images are marking Manjaro ARM’s first venture into ARM based laptops and is heavily based on the Arch Linux builds from user
anarsoul on Github.
How to install:
Download the image/zip file from the download location. Verify that the download completed successfully.
After that, install Etcher (
sudo pacman -S etcher) and burn it to an SD card (8 GB or larger required, because of larger images).
Put the SD card into the Pinebooks SD card slot and boot it up. The Pinebook should recognize the SD card as a bootable device and boot from it.
Once booted and logged in, you will need to run
sudo resize-fs to make use of the entire SD card. This will expand the filesystem and reboot your Pinebook.
Fixed in this version:
- Mime types are not generated and present.
- GDK Pixbuf not gets generated.
- Wifi is now pretty stable on battery also.
- Wifi is not active on boot.
- Sound should now be active by default.
- GTK theme is now set to Breath-Dark.
- LXQT Application menu now has a Manjaro icon.
- Slow login screen (probably due to blur effect) (theme issue, won’t fix).
- Favorites not set in menu.
- Suspend can only be resumed by activating the lid.
- Slow windows dragging, with both compositor on and off.
- Lockscreen/Screensaver not installed. If you know of a QT lockscreen/screensaver, please let me know!
- Suspend can only be resumes by activating the lid.