Manjaro ARM Beta 17 with Phosh (PinePhone)

Is there a way to configure antispam with the update from the phosh 16 image or should I install from the new image? I tryed to change some of the ~/.config/gnome_calls_spam_options but I am a bit in the dark since the link to gitlab show a GUI that doesn’t seem’s to be installed on the update.note : I am currently receiving important call’s from anonymous number so I can’t just turn it on

“I’ve said before that a navigation app with support for public transport would be of most importance to me personally …”

Yeah, if we could get a well working OSMand Maps or something similar for driving navigation, that would really enable me to ditch my fruit phone (iPhone 6) for good.

The latest unstable update with kernel 5.14.15-2 caused this error to show during boot

boot firmware load failed (you may need to flash FW to anx7688 first)

OCM configuration failed

No bootsplash, and only a blinking cursor on shutdown. Otherwise the phone seems to work normally.

Hmm, Have to check as we ported back some fixes for HDMI which is anx7688 related. Did you ever update the FW for anx7688? Did 5.14.15-1 worked? Bootsplash I’ll fix in revision 3. I missed to add it.

i have been on unstable branch for maybe a month, before that stable. I have not manually done anything to update anx. If it is never updated automatically then i probably have very old version as the phone is a braveheart.

If this is the only kernel without bootsplash maybe the error has been there previously only covered up by bootsplash?

I’ve to check if it is a config issue. This build for example seems to work (sometimes):

after updating and rebooting now i have an additional message

bootsplash: failed to initialize

edit: i did 4 restarts/shutdown-start cycles, and on one of them bootsplash worked both while starting and shutting down. But after that again on the next boot it was gone.

edit2: 2 days later update returned normal bootsplash function but lost bluetooth functionality, no matter what it says bluetotth turned off. Back to stable for now.

Screen scale setting (under displays) doesn’t seem to save across reboots

Also, I can’t get mobile data working. is this something that’s being worked on?

On ubuntu touch, it works flawlessly with no configuration needed.

Also on the topic of ubuntu touch, their keyboard is currently nicer (quick numbers/symbols on the main keys when you hold them down, separate mode for advanced highlighting/clipboarding)

If you could fix the mobile data I’d switch

If you could upgrade the keyboard that’d be pretty awesome too.

1 Like

Same for me. No bluetooth, also installing bluez-git doesn’t help.

with the pinephone modem sdk open firmware i had 100% flawlessly working modem until yesterday’s stable update. With unstable before that, and now with stable the modem loses mobile data often while in standby, and a ? is shown in the notification area. Calls still work but reboot is necessary to get mobile data back.

Mobile data works flawlessly after the last update (and a quick jaunt to the tracfone website to find out what their access point details). Maybe it was on my end I can’t tell.

Honestly I really like this keyboard now. I do wish it had the quick numbers/symbols, but otherwise it is superior.

However

It is possible to set your password to something that is not numbers

And then not be able to log back in

That feels like a bit of a design flaw

Hey didn’t know where to post this but one bug to work on (at least on my Pinephone) running Manjaro Phosh Beta 17 is the Clocks app. The alarm will only go off by resetting it everyday (which was a mess 1 morning :rofl:) didn’t know if someone put that in as a bug or not.

1 Like