Manjaro ARM Alpha1 with Lomiri (PinePhone)

congret with the first alpha 1
works good so far
have some trouble with mobiel internet

Ok using pamac to install software, thanks @Lila-Kuh

Will respin the image with pacman enabled. For those already have downloaded do this:

pamac reinstall pacman

1 Like

Didn’t work for me with the install option, but it worked with “reinstall”

sudo pamac reinstall pacman

I tried installing some of the plasma-mobile apps , angelfish, vvave, nota, buho, index and they work fine but i had to modify the scaling with the env variable QT_SCALE_FACTOR=2 otherwise the buttons and text were too small.

I also installed plasma-discover for graphicall installing apps and wors fine too with the scaling env.

Regards!

We are working on a plugin

2 Likes

I also tried anbox without success, I installed it with sudo pacman -S anbox anbox-image
then i started the anbox manager with sudo systemctl start anbox-container-manager
finally i tried to launch the app manager but it failed to start with error message:

[daemon.cpp:61@Run] [org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown] The name org.anbox was not provided by any .service files

Amazing, lomiri is one of the most polished UIs I’ve used for PinePhone.

Any idea when megi kernel 5.9 with hdmi fixes will be available?

Very promising build!

Do we need to flash each build of Alpha-1 separately or does an update with pamac or pacman also work ?

Normal updates will update your system with given applications. We don’t added meta-packages yet. So it is recommended to test each alpha release fresh, as we may add new apps or change scripts or firmware. When development is over, I’m sure we will find a regular update procedure.

Wow, I’ve tried PlaMo, Phosh and this one, and have to say this is by far the best looking Pinephone DE so far :slight_smile: I dare say it even feels better than Ubuntu Touch. Great work!

I managed to install Discover as well, however, for me it’s not loading anything. Discover seems to start /usr/bin/kded5 and then just hangs. Did you do anything specific to get it to work?

Edit: never mind. Closed it, then started it again and now a list of applications is shown :slight_smile: Now attempting to install Snes9x, let’s see how it goes! :grin:

you have to install also breeze icons, otherwise the apps shows no icons. And i use QT_SCALE_FACTOR=2 env variable to make the qt apps scale properly.

Ah, thanks! Was wondering why they didn’t show, but makes sense. All of the KDE/Plasma stuff is absent in Lomiri. Already used your scaling tip, thanks for that as well!

After installing Discover I noticed that it shows up 4 times in the Lomiri application overview (long swipe from the left). Was this the same for you? Also, as I described above I installed Snes9x through Discover as a test. It didn’t show up in the application list, and I also can’t start it from the terminal. So it seems that Discover installed the application in a directory that is not in Lomiri’s default $PATH. I’ll look into this a bit more.

Strange here:

Wifi is not preferred over mobile data. Wifi works absolutely correct, but traceroute shows that the preferred way to the internet is mobile data. ???

I switched to “Testing”. Worked well. Via pacman I tried gnome-camera, patheon-camera, plasma-camera and megapixels: Megapixels works! (it stays in portrait-mode and it is hard to take a picture, but nevertheless connects to the front camera).

Lomiri seems to be already really smooth! :wink:

best regards!

tested the latest image 2020-09-23 and now volume buttons and the systray applets work.

Tested usb-c earphones and they work and switch audo automatically! awesome!

Test default route in all possible variants with mobile data on/off wifi on/off and all combinations:

Default route and internet traffic go always via mobile connection :frowning:

wifi doesnt work for me on this build. I see my ap, put in the password, but it fails to make a connection.
Also screen stays on and never goes to sleep.

Is there any plans to have lomiri available on regular x86 manjaro?

Newest release: Incoming calls on sleep not signalized and so unfortunately total missing