Manjaro ARM 20.08 released!

That is exactly my question was about. Because I cannot boot to Manjaro Arm by using Khadas Vim1 or the PineBook version.

I am using the Allwinner H5 SoC

Okay. Install manjaro-arm-installer. Plug in the SD card to your PC.
Then run sudo manjaro-arm-installer. Choose the NanoPi Neo 2 Plus as your device.
Complete the install.

This should make your device boot up, even though some hardware might not be correct.

Try this NanoPi-Neo-Plus2 image.

It is an old work but a working one you can always update.

Iā€™m new to the forum. I just got a RockPi4C, any tentative date when youā€™re going to upload a RockPi4C image? I donā€™t have a PC to build an image with Manjaro ARM installer. Thank you in advance.

Hello and Welcome to the forum,

I have one built lately for some testing purpose. I will put it to upload now will share the link once it is uploaded.

How do you plan to flash the img to sd or emmc card ?

1 Like

Thank you for the prompt answer. Iā€™d use it with an emmc card.

Awesome!. Looking forward for the link. Iā€™ve had such a great experience running Manjaro 20.06 in my Raspberry Pi 4 8Gb w/USB3 boot from a Samsung T5.

Use your pi4 but be sure to update first with pacman -Syu.

community/manjaro-arm-installer 1.3.5-1
    Scripts to install Manjaro ARM directly to SD/eMMC cards
2 Likes

Iā€™m only seeing one(1) RockPi4 image available on ā€œManjaro ARM installerā€ which is running from my Raspberry Pi4 w/ fully updated Manjaro 20.08. Is that suppose to contain both RockPi4B and RockPi4C images?
I downloaded it from here:

Sorry for the noob question, this is my first rodeo with Manjaro ARM installer.

Iā€™m getting errors when creating my RockPi4 image at the very end. I tried at least 3 times. Iā€™m pretty sure this is not the right place to discuss Manjaro ARM installer issues. I Will just wait until a RockPi4C image is uploaded.

Try removing what you downloaded and simply install it it from the repo with:

sudo pacman -S manjaro-arm-installer

That will pull in all the dependencies and place files correctly.

The Rock Pi 4B and Rock Pi 4C difference is not yet made in the installer, but will soon.
I thought you had a Rock Pi 4A. That should work just fine with the Rock Pi 4 device present in the installer.

Thank you for your tip. Unfortunately, it didnā€™t work again. I still got those errors at the beginning and at the end of the script.

==> rockpi4 xfce install complete
==> Writing bootloader and cleaning up after installā€¦
mv: cannot stat ā€˜/var/tmp/manjaro-arm-installer/root/boot/*ā€™: No such file or directory
==> Time : 9.52 minutesā€¦

I have another Raspberry Pi4 4Gb V1.1 as a spare. Will flash a new Manjaro image to another Samsung Evo860 SSD and I will use Manjaro 20.06 this time and install manjaro-arm-installer from repository. Hopefully it works this time.

Sounds like itā€™s not able to mount.

Did you use sudo manjaro-arm-installer to start it?

Absolutely.

The error at the beginning as follows:
grep: /var/tmp/manjaro-arm-installer/arm-profiles/devices/rockpi4: No such file or directory
Iā€™m using a fresh new manjaro 20.08 installation on my Rpi4 8Gb V1.4
Iā€™m even running manjaro-arm-installer as root

This may be relevant, looks like the script is looking for a directory that doesnā€™t exists ā€œrockpi4ā€, since there are two(2) directories called: ā€œrockpi4bā€ and ā€œrockpi4cā€ as shown below:

The error at the beginning as follows:
grep: /var/tmp/manjaro-arm-installer/arm-profiles/devices/rockpi4: No such file or directory

[root@gospa devices]# pwd
/var/tmp/manjaro-arm-installer/arm-profiles/devices
[root@gospa devices]# ls
edgev oc4 pine64 pinephone rockpi4b rpi4
nanopc-t4 on2 pine64-lts pinetab rockpi4c vim1
nanopi-neo-plus2 on2-plus pinebook roc-cc rockpro64 vim2
oc2 pbpro pine-h64 rock64 rpi3 vim3

1 Like

Iā€™ll look into it. :slight_smile:
Otherwise you can use the Manjaro ARM Tools, to create an image you like. That supports the new devices at least.

I have KDE version for Orangepi PC2, but for some reason I canā€™t leave a link to the site here. You can write to me in private messages, if still need.
UPD: manjaro_orangepipc2.tar.xz ā€” Yandex.Disk

What is the issue?

I get ā€œSorry, you canā€™t include links in your posts.ā€
ā€œPost more than 2 hyperlinks in a postā€ - but I posted only one link.