Manjaro ARM 20.08 released!

My pleasure!

I have another issue with the terminal:

ht tps://ibb.co/mGY74j1
(sorry I am not allowed to post media or links. it is a link to a GIF showing my messed up terminal input)
It was like this from the beginning.
Do you know anything about this problem?

It seems they fixed the according bug in silver, I hope the update will make it to the arch repositories soon :slight_smile:

Hello, has video acceleration been turned off? Videos on chromium are now extremely choppy. On chrome://gpu/

Problems Detected

• Accelerated video decode is unavailable on Linux: 137247, 1032907
    Disabled Features: accelerated_video_decode
  • Protected video decoding with swap chain is for certain Intel and AMD GPUs on Windows: 1093625
    Disabled Features: protected_video_decode
  • Clear uniforms before first program use on all platforms: 124764, 349137
    Applied Workarounds: clear_uniforms_before_first_program_use
  • Always rewrite vec/mat constructors to be consistent: 398694
    Applied Workarounds: scalarize_vec_and_mat_constructor_args
  • Disable KHR_blend_equation_advanced until cc shaders are updated: 661715
    Applied Workarounds: disable(GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced), disable(GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent)
  • Some drivers can’t recover after OUT_OF_MEM and context lost: 893177
    Applied Workarounds: exit_on_context_lost

I’m on Pinbook Pro.

Fresh installed Manjaro-ARM-xfce-rpi4-20.08.img.xz on a Pi 4 w/ the Element14 touch screen display. Boot hangs at “Reached target Bluetooth.”

Past fresh installs of Raspbian, Ubuntu have gone OK.

Any ideas?

@bsu4phd If you search for “Reach Target Bluetooth” using the forum search.
You will find :-

Please read the link below as well, it will tell you how to get the most out of the forum and helps us to help you. Welcome :slight_smile:

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/welcome-to-the-new-manjaro-forum/151/4

The first line of “Problems Detected” that you posted says :-

Accelerated video decode is unavailable on Linux: 137247, 1032907

If you click on the 137247 link you will see that this is a chromium issue.
You can ask them when it may become available. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did see that and waited for 10 min’s. plus. Apologies for failing to note that in my original post.

Could my issue be related to the Element14 touch screen display?

1 Like

@bsu4phd
Try this as well.

20.06 boots OK.

Hi. I am having the same experience with the latest Xfce image for rockpi4b. It works more smoothly with the previous images. Is installing xf86-video-fbturbo-git enough? how would be the procedure to do that? Thank you.

Congrats on Maintainer/Dev for ARM i3 edition … it very nicely setup and run smooth on Pinebook Pro.
shame no Gnome edition…

Yes. Just install that package, then reboot. That’s all.

I would like a (non-KDE) desktop without this issue. Does anyone know if Wayland and Sway works smoothly with the Panfrost driver?

Hello, thanks for the answer. I was testing i3wm with this same version and I got the impression that being lighter it behaved better. but I had problems: for example with the screen resolution settings. It only proposed 1920x1280 and I need to change to 1024x768 and I could not do it. Sorry My English.

Well, after a pretty hard struggle, I couldn’t change the screen resolution, but I did change the font size for the whole system, which solved my problem. What’s more, I don’t know if it’s because I broke my head trying to solve the problem, but I’m very happy with the result, given the simplicity of the solution, and the satisfaction of the result: change Xft.dpi: 192 in ~ /. Xresources made all the letters enlarged.

Hi @Strit, Is there anyway to boot Manjaro 20.08 for AllWinner H5 SoC?
I also noticed that there’s a different Algorithm for booting up between Version 20.06 and 20.08

Just for Info:
I can boot in Armbian using this box using Balbes150’s Latest Image + U-Boot Patch.

For Version 20.08, do you need to add uboot.sd & uboot.ext like in Armbian’s latest image by Balbes150?

I downloaded the Khadas Vim 1 xfce & kde plasma Ver 20.08, and also Pinebook kde plasa Ver 20.08, then burn it to sdcard using Etcher, then change the extlinux.conf. Then Plug it into the box, then nothing happen.

Here’s my extlinux.conf for Khadas Image:

LABEL Manjaro ARM
KERNEL /Image
FDT /dtbs/allwinner/sun50i-h5-orangepi-prime.dtb
APPEND initrd=/initramfs-linux.img root=LABEL=ROOT_MNJRO rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 bootsplash.bootfile=bootsplash-themes/manjaro/bootsplash

Here’s my extlinux.conf for PineBook Image:

LABEL Manjaro ARM
KERNEL /Image
FDT /dtbs/allwinner/sun50i-h5-orangepi-prime.dtb
APPEND initrd=/initramfs-linux.img console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200 root=LABEL=ROOT_MNJRO rw rootwait bootsplash.bootfile=bootsplash-themes/manjaro/bootsplash

Is there any settings that I missed?
Is there any uboot patch for Allwinner H5 SoC?

Many Thanks,
rna

Manjaro ARM does not currently support any Allwinner H5 SoC’s as far as I know. And you would need at least an “almost” correct uboot binary for the H5 to get it to boot, which we don’t have.

Thanks for your confirmation. At first I also couldn’t boot to Armbian. Until Balbes150 gave me this uboot for H5: u-boot-oorange-pi-pc2.img — Yandex.Disk

However, when I applied this patch via etcher in Manjaro SD Card, the image become unrecognized partition. I don’t know what is wrong? But, in Armbian it went smoothly using this uboot patch.

We do :wink:
NanoPi Neo Plus 2 which I use for Dockers on Manjaro ARM.

Yes you can use that or just use uboot-nanopi-neo-plus2 pkg or just create an image for it from Manjaro Arm Flasher for neo-plus2

Maybe you’re flashing it wrong or the uboot needs boot.scr which we don’t use.
Can you build Neo Plus 2 Image directly from Manjaro Arm Flasher and replace the dtb in extlinux.conf

Hopefully it should just work fine.

Where can I get this file?

The problem is, I cannot boot from my SD Card. Therefore I cannot use the Manjaro Arm Flasher.

I have no idea on how to build this? is there any reading that is useful for building the image? like where can I download the file? etc.

Many Thanks,
rna