Manjaro ARM 19.12 released!
We are proud to announce the release of Manjaro ARM 19.12!
With this release we are proud to introduce the Pinebook Pro into our main images.
Currently we do download images for: Raspberry Pi 4, Rock Pi 4, RockPro64 and the Pinebook Pro.
eMMC flash image for Pinebooks
It's an image for supported laptops designed to flash Manjaro ARM to the built-in eMMC module, so you don't have to fiddle with DD and/or take out the eMMc module yourself.
Right now images for the Pinebook and Pinebook Pro are available in the download folders linked below, but will be named emmc-installer in addition to the regular filename.
These images will be available shortly after regular images release.
This release sports the OEM setup for all images, also via SSH. This means that at first boot, you will be asked about the following:
- keyboard layout (except on pinebook, that is fixed to us layout)
- additional user groups
- full name
- password for that username
- password for root
Then the setup script will set these settings and reboot to the login screen.
- Raspberry Pi 4: Minimal, XFCE and KDE Plasma
- Rock Pi 4: Minimal, XFCE and KDE Plasma
- Pinebook Pro: XFCE and KDE Plasma
- RockPro64: Minimal, XFCE and KDE Plasma
Torrents are also available!
- New packages from upstream and Manjaro ARM.
- OEM setup now sets keyboard layout first and enables it during the rest of the setup.
- XFCE 4.14
- KDE Plasma 5.17
- All images now support headless setup. Connect with
ssh root@<ip>and you should see the OEM setup.
- Added Pinebook Pro images.
- Most devices now use the in-kernel bootsplash.
- Ordoid N2 now uses mainline kernel.
Updating from 19.10:
- Old releases should just keep on rolling.
- If you want the 19.10 experience, we recommend re-installing the system.
- To enable bootsplash on your updated system, install
bootsplash-systemd, then enable
bootsplash-show-on-shutdown.service, then reboot.
- No audio cards on Odroid-C2, Rock64 and Khadas Vim3.
- Wireless is not working on the Khadas Vim 3.
- Wireless is very unstable on the Rock Pi 4. You can install the
linux-pinebookproinstead to fix this (they are basically the same hardware).
- Bootsplash does not work on Raspberry Pi devices. Bootsplash also seems to hide the OEM setup on XFCE images and the eMMC flasher images. To access it, power on device, wait for 30 seconds, then press ESC.
- Suspend does not work on the Pinebook Pro.
- Sound gets output to both Speaker and headphones at the same time on Pinebook Pro.
- Raspberry Pi 4 (tested on B)
- Rock Pi 4
- Pinebook Pro
With Manjaro ARM Installer:
- Raspberry Pi 3 (tested on B)
- Odroid C2
- Odroid N2
- Khadas Vim 3
- Khadas Vim 2 (new addition) (not tested)
- Khadas Vim 1 (new addition) (not tested)
- Pine64-LTS / Sopine (tested on Pine64-LTS board)
What about other devices?
Manjaro ARM no longer supports the
armv7h architecture. So if you have/use an armv7h device, you should be looking at other distro's. Some could be:
- Arch Linux ARM
- Raspbian (for the raspberrypi)
- Ubuntu Mate
The armv7h repo has been removed from the repo server and mirrors.
I won't be making images for all the supported devices. If your desired image for your desired supported device does not exist, please use
manjaro-arm-installer to install it to an SD/eMMC card.
We are working on images for the PineTab and PinePhone. But getting the touch interface, rotation and sensors working correctly is proving troublesome.
We already started releasing Alpha images for the PinePhone.