Issue with bluetooth disconnect and reconnect

Hello, i have issue with bluetooth, sometimes the headphones disconnect and then connects back but only the left channel work without the right channel
once i toggle the bluetooth off and then on it works but for like 3 hours or so. i have to do the same thing to work, the sound quality is amazing btw i don’t have any issues with that

Kernel Version: 5.15.12-1-MANJARO
Motherboard: MEG X570 UNIFY
Headphones: TaoTronics SoundLiberty Free

thanks…

Share output of inxi -Fazy and systemctl status bluetooth.service

Audio:
  Device-1: NVIDIA TU104 HD Audio vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: snd_hda_intel
    v: kernel bus-ID: 2d:00.1 chip-ID: 10de:10f8 class-ID: 0403
  Device-2: AMD Starship/Matisse HD Audio vendor: Micro-Star MSI
    driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 2f:00.4 chip-ID: 1022:1487
    class-ID: 0403
  Device-3: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Wireless type: USB
    driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid bus-ID: 7-2:2 chip-ID: 0951:1718
    class-ID: 0300 serial: <filter>
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.15.12-1-MANJARO running: yes
  Sound Server-2: JACK v: 1.9.19 running: no
  Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 15.0 running: yes
  Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.42 running: yes
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8125 2.5GbE vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: r8169
    v: kernel port: f000 bus-ID: 27:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8125 class-ID: 0200
  IF: enp39s0 state: down mac: <filter>
  Device-2: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel bus-ID: 28:00.0
    chip-ID: 8086:2723 class-ID: 0280
  IF: wlo1 state: up mac: <filter>
Bluetooth:
  Device-1: Intel AX200 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb v: 0.8 bus-ID: 1-4:3
    chip-ID: 8087:0029 class-ID: e001
  Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 0 state: up address: see --recommends

Install pulseaudio-bluetooth and reboot. If this doesn’t work try switching to pipewire:

i already have pulseaudio-bluetooth and manjaro-pulse installed,
now what’s the correct way to remove pulseaudio ?
i would like to try pipewire

thanks

sudo pacman -Rdd manjaro-pulse
sudo pacman -S manjaro-pipewire
1 Like

thank you so much, i have now installed pipewire and i have did a full reboot and i have verified that pipewire is running and pulseaudio stopped also i have verified that the headphone work i need some time in order to see if the issue gone or not in the mean time thank you so much for taking the time to help me

1 Like

Why do you advocate removing a package without dependencies? This would result in only removing the meta package and none of the actual pulseaudio ones (pulseaudio, pulseaudio-alsa, pulseaudio-bluetooth, pulseaudio-jack, pulseaudio-lirc, pulseaudio-rtp, pulseaudio-zeroconf).

manjaro-pipewire already does conflict with manjaro-pulse: installing it will ask for manjaro-pulse removal automatically.

btw once i executed the following command:

$ sudo pacman -S manjaro-pipewire

i got the following:

:: manjaro-pipewire and pulseaudio-jack are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio-jack? [y/N] y
:: manjaro-pipewire and pulseaudio-lirc are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio-lirc? [y/N] y
:: manjaro-pipewire and pulseaudio-rtp are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio-rtp? [y/N] y
:: manjaro-pipewire and pulseaudio-zeroconf are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio-zeroconf? [y/N] y
:: pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio? [y/N] y
:: pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio-bluetooth are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio-bluetooth? [y/N] y

Packages (12) gst-plugin-pipewire-1:0.3.42-2  pipewire-alsa-1:0.3.42-2  pipewire-jack-1:0.3.42-2  pipewire-pulse-1:0.3.42-2  pipewire-zeroconf-1:0.3.42-2  pulseaudio-15.0-1 [removal]  pulseaudio-bluetooth-15.0-1 [removal]
              pulseaudio-jack-15.0-1 [removal]  pulseaudio-lirc-15.0-1 [removal]  pulseaudio-rtp-15.0-1 [removal]  pulseaudio-zeroconf-15.0-1 [removal]  manjaro-pipewire-20220107-1
1 Like

Never did that but you are right here. Actually there is conflict between pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio-bluetooth while switching from manjaro-pipewire to manjaro-pulse:

so I confused it here which shouldn’t be done but OP can always remove the orphans if left any:

sudo pacman -Rsn $(pacman -Qqdt)

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.