Manjaro ARM 19.04 released!
I am proud to announce the immediate availability of Manjaro ARM 19.04.
This release sports the custom install option for all images. This means that at first boot, you will be asked about the following:
- password for that username
- password for root
- keyboard layout (except on pinebook, that is fixed to us layout)
Then the setup script will set these settings and reboot to the login screen.
New images are available.
No torrents this time!
- New kernels and packages all around.
- LXQT 0.14.1
- KDE/Plasma 5.15.4
- Snappier performance on KDE/Plasma
- Kernel on Rock64 changed to mainline
- Firefox now ships with uBlock Origin and Youtube-Classic extensions.
Updating from 19.02:
- Old releases should just keep on rolling.
- To get some system commands to function correctly please run
sudo chown -R root:root /etcon your device from the terminal. And then run
sudo chown root:polkitd /etc/polkit-1/rules.d.
- If you want the 19.04 experience, I recommend re-installing the system.
- No lockscreen installed (LXQT only).
- No audio cards on the
- For some reason I can't get audio to play on rpi3 anymore (any ideas?).
What about other devices?
Manjaro ARM is dropping armv7h support entirely this August. So if you have/use an armv7h device, you should be looking at other distro's that might fit your need. Some could be:
- Arch Linux ARM
- Raspbian (for the raspberrypi)
- Ubuntu Mate
Firstly, I have already stopped making images for armv7h devices. No new images will be made.
From today I will also stop all the Manjaro package updates for armv7h. Packages directly from Arch Linux ARM will still get updated.
From June 1st, all package updates will stop for armv7h. That means, no more package updates for armv7h at all from June 1st. I will also remove any armv7h support still present in
August 1st, the armv7h repo will be removed from the repo server and mirrors.
I am still working on supporting the
rockpro64 and the Pinebook Pro.
I won't be making images for all the supported devices. If your desired image for your desired supported device does not exist, please use
manjaro-arm-installer to install it to an SD card.