Manjaro ARM 19.03 for Pinebook released!

Manjaro ARM 19.03 for Pinebook!

I am proud to announce Manjaro ARM 19.03 for the Pinebook.

KDE

LXQT

Download:
KDE
LXQT

Torrents are also available from the same location.

Features:

The Pinebook is a $99 laptop, based on the popular Pine64 ARM board. It sports a quad core ARM CPU, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC, Wifi and Bluetooth and either a 14" TN screen or an 11" IPS screen.

The Manjaro ARM images are heavily based on the Arch Linux builds from user anarsoul on Github/Matrix/IRC.

How to install:

Download the image/zip file from the download location. Verify that the download completed successfully.

After that, install Etcher (sudo pacman -S etcher if on Manjaro) and burn it to an SD or eMMC card (8 GB or larger recommended).

Put the SD card into the Pinebooks SD card slot or the eMMC on the main board, if you used eMMC, and boot it up. The Pinebook should recognize the SD/eMMC card as a bootable device and boot from it.

On the first boot, it will display an OEM type install. After you have made your choices it will reboot into your newly setup system.

Known Issues:
KDE

• Favorites not set in menu.
  • No HW acceleration.
  • Wrong sound device selected by default.

LXQT

• Lockscreen not installed.
  • No HW acceleration.
  • Wrong sound device selected by default.

Donate!

Please consider supporting us via Patreon or by our other options.

6 Likes
http

Not Found

The requested URL /donate.php was not found on this server.

Apache Server at manjaro-arm.org Port 443

We don’t have an SSL on our domain yet. So try the http one.

Is it possible that on the manjaro.org/download page we can add a “alternate achitecture” button that would provide links to manjaro32 and manjaro arm?

No idea. That would be a question for the web team. :slight_smile: @codesardine

This version is a good raspberry pi?

That will probably be added when the redesign of the download section gets done.

This post is only for the Pinebook. The 19.02 is for the raspberry pi too.

Currently we focus on #pinebook and #pinebookpro images …

Wasn’t the download section redesigned a few months ago? What changes are on the queue?

It was but is not very intuitive, a better separation between editions/previews needs to be implemented, the page design needs to be less complex.

Anyway, the website update was/is amazing. I look forward to all the improvements that you will make! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome !

Awesome! Thank you!
I am currently quite busy with the Cinnamon, Deepin and i3 18.0.4 editions. So I was wondering @Strit if you could also build the i3 pinebook image for us. The profile should be ready to go afaik

Sure, will do tomorrow.

You want to test it, before I upload it to OSDN?

Yes. That would be great. Maybe just put it in a hidden folder so I can do a test install here?

let’s encrypt is your friend, Bro. ;(

I know, but since our plan is to get the Manjaro ARM stuff merged into the regular Manjaro website, we haven’t bothered with it.
I always post download links in the release posts here on the forum anyway, so if you are uncertain if the links are correct, you can just use those.

I will place it in the Nextcloud test-images folder when it’s built.

Hi there. Running Manjaro ARM KDE 19.03 on my Pinebook (on the eMMC). Runs great, but I’m holding off running updates/upgrades because the wifi stopped working altogether (disabled and no way to re-enable) after updating when I tested this distro on an SD card on the same device.

Wondering if there’s any fix for this issue?

Cheers, and great job with this distro! I can finally actually USE my Pinebook now! :slight_smile:

Depends on what the issue is.

There can be lots of reasons why Wifi would stop working.
I have updated on my Pinebook all the way and have had no such issue.