Manjaro ARM 18.12.1 released!
I am proud to announce the immediate availability of Manjaro ARM 18.12.1.
This release includes the first real release for the Pinebook, which is a $99 ARM laptop based on a Pine64 board.
New images are available.
Torrents are also available from the same location.
- New kernels and packages all around.
- All editions have received a nice facelift.
- Using Firefox instead of Falkon.
- Using LibreOffice instead of Calligra
- Using Featherpad instead of Notepadqq (LXQT only)
- Using NetworkManager/NMTray instead of Connman/CSMT (LXQT only)
- Using Pamac instead of Octopi (KDE only)
- GTK3 themes should now be present and set.
- Added Baka-Mplayer.
- Changes to settings regarding sound.
Updating from 18.10:
- Old releases should just keep on rolling.
- If you want the 18.12 experience, I recommend re-installing the system.
timedatectlcan not be used to set timezone and time. Therefore Manjaro Settings Manager can’t either. Manually changing the symlink of /etc/localtime does work.
localectldoes not work either. So I have removed Manjaro Settings Manager from this release, since only user accounts function worked.
- No lockscreen installed (LXQT only).
- CSD on some GTK3 apps does not work properly.
What about other devices?
I stopped maintaining
armv7h images in general. So many issues relating to it, that I simply won’t bother creating the images and packages anymore.
I am working on a few new devices to support. Including the
rock64 and the
I might also release some MATE images this cycle. But I am not a MATE user, so it won’t be very polished.