Manjaro-ARM 18.07 released!

release
manjaroarm
raspberrypi
odroid

At the start of the month I pushed out version 18.07 of the manjaro-release package for ARM.

Download here!

A new Minimal image is available for the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3.

• New kernel
  • updated packages in general

What about other devices?

Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2 and Odroid-XU4 images are also now available for download.
The previous issue with HDMI output has now been resolved.
I haven’t been able to test the XU4 image, so please do so if you have an XU4 and report back.

We don’t support any armv6h devices, as that would require extra manpower and a bigger server hosting the repository.

Future plans

The plan for Manjaro-ARM right now, is to release new minimal images for supported devices, when there is a need. Meaning if some big change happens that is not fixed by updating packages, I will release new images.

Other editions might get released often, but it depends on the maintainers of those editions.
This should become easier soon, hopefully, as I have started working on our own manjaro-arm-tools to generate images from your desktop PC.

The new tools will be used until Manjaro Architect supports our ARM platform and will consist of:

• buildarmimg which will generate a .img and a .zip containing that .img.
  • buildarmpkg which will be used to create a package for an ARM platform.
  • Profiles to be used when creating the images, so you can create an image for minimal, mate, lxqt or others with a simple command. The profiles will contain all the settings and changed config files needed to give the edition the look and feel of Manjaro-ARM.

From here on, the future MATE editions (by @grayjack) are considered official releases and will have a download button on the page, just below the Minimal one.

The Asus Tinkerboard (2GB, quad-core Rockchip RK3288) looks like a good candidate, no?
It seems low cost for the specs. And there must be a reason why Volumio supports it as well as the Odroid C2.

Do you know which kernel it would be running?
Special asus kernel or a default armv7h/aarch64 kernel?

From what I can find it’s using linux-veyron.

If I do create some images, would you be willing to test them?

I might look into this, as it would only need a kernel, another uboot and the xorg drivers.

I don’t have it (yet). I was trying to decide between buying it, or the Odroid-C2.
If I get it I’ll let you know.
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-69.html

The Odroid C2 is a great board though. :slight_smile:

Linux 4.4 LTS
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=asus-tinker-board&num=1

“ASUS offers official operating system images of the Tinker Board for Android and Debian while other unofficial images do exist. For my testing I was using the Tinker Board OS image for Debian 9.0, which appears to be produced by Linaro and was making use of the Linux 4.4 LTS kernel, LXDE desktop environment, Mesa 13.0.6, and GCC 6.3.0.”

“The stock Debian 9.0 image for the Tinker Board is quite capable”…

We are based on Arch Linux ARM, which has a 3.14 kernel that’s suppose to work.

But I did find this one which appears to be a 4.4 kernel.

13 posts were split to a new topic: Support for more devices?

Could you host it on a EU located server?

SSL certificate also mismatch, goes to your blog.

What do you mean?

The download links are now hosted on OSDN.net. Which has a bunch of mirrors in the EU.

The manjaro-arm.org site does not currently have an SSL cert.

I see.

Going to try it on my Pi 3 B+.

Everything else with a GUI other then raspbian on the Pi’s runs kind of sluggish. Without a GUI most of the distro’s run okay.

Is there anything in particular you would like me and others to focus on? Any problem areas?

Not that I know of. But if you find anything related to a Manjaro-ARM package or a setup problem, let us know in the Bug Reports forum section. :slight_smile:

That is intriguing. Where can I find the details and try these tools ?

They can be installed from this repo.

Simply add the repo and run:
sudo pacman -Syy manjaro-strit-keyring && sudo pacman -S manjaro-arm-tools

This should install all the dependencies you need.
Please follow the how to in the README on that link. :slight_smile:

I understood correctly that this build system is intended for PC ArchLinux\Manjaro distributions ?

Yes. It’s only gonna run on Manjaro 64-bit right now.
Since it depends on manjaro-tools-base.

Ok. I’m newbie to Manjaro. I’m should try. :slight_smile:

You should know, that manjaro-arm-tools is still not as mature as manjaro-tools.
It can mess up the system, if not used correctly. :slight_smile:

Also, when PGP key errors happen (and they will), just let it finish and run the command again.
The reason is that it is checking the -any packages in your cache and finds the keys don’t match the ones from ARM. Running it again will redownload the packages from ARM and they will now match.

I’m not afraid of destruction, I’ll run in VirtualBox (just like I do all Armbian Libreelec builds etc). :slight_smile:

I’m not talking about the resulting images.
I’m talking about the commands you run on your system. :slight_smile: