I'm happy to announce the version 0.8 of the new (unofficial) manjaro command line installer, manjaro-architect. The installer should now be stable enough for general use, although some exotic combinations of options can still result in dysfunctional system.
If your install media doesn't include it, you can install manjaro-architect with the command
sudo pacman -Sy manjaro-architect
Manjaro-architect is a fork of the famous Architect Linux installer by Carl Duff, that has been modified to install manjaro instead of Arch linux. It is a netinstaller that downloads always the latest packages, so your system is always up to date after installation, regardless of how old your install media is.
Manjaro-architect offers currently unparalleled customization on your manjaro installation:
- choose freely which kernel to use from all manjaro kernels. You can also choose multiple kernels.
- choose your initsystem from systemd and openrc
- choose any manjaro branch (stable, testing or unstable)
- choose your desktop from all up to date manjaro editions, regardless of what install media you run the installer from. You can also choose to install just base system without graphical user interface.
- add any number of unconfigured desktop environments
- choose the default shell for user (bash, zsh or fish)
- choose your graphics drivers that are installed with mhwd
- choose arbitrary extra packages to be installed
- support for lvm and luks encryption
- support for btrfs and nilfs root file system, as well as other common filesystems
- translated to danish, dutch, english, french, german, hungarian, italian, portugese, russian and spanish (some translations may still be incomplete)
Changes sense last version can be found here: https://github.com/Chrysostomus/manjaro-architect/releases/tag/0.8.0
Many thanks to our developers @oberon and @papajoke, and our most active testers @sueridgepipe and @eugen-b and all others that have contributed to the project!