Manjaro and nvidia drivers

An NVIDIA kernel module 'nvidia' appears to already be loaded in your kernel.     
     This may be because it is in use (for example, by an X server, a CUDA program, or 
     the NVIDIA Persistence Daemon), but this may also happen if your kernel was       
     configured without support for module unloading.  Please be sure to exit any      
     programs that may be using the GPU(s) before attempting to upgrade your driver.   
     If no GPU-based programs are running, you know that your kernel supports module   
     unloading, and you still receive this message, then an error may have occurred    
     that has corrupted an NVIDIA kernel module's usage count, for which the simplest  
     remedy is to reboot your computer.

I am a new user. I have a Monster laptop with İntel Core i7 and GTX 1650. What should I do?

Please provide the output of

mhwd -li

In the terminal.

mhwd -li                                                                     ✔ 
> Installed PCI configs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           video-linux            2018.05.04                true            PCI
     video-modesetting            2020.01.13                true            PCI
video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime            2021.11.04               false            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!

Where do you see that message?

Nvidia driver is installed, but intel is loaded as main. If you want to outsource glx to nvidia run the command with prime-run.

Example:

glxinfo | grep "OpenGL renderer"
prime-run glxinfo | grep "OpenGL renderer"

sudo bash NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-515.76.run

I want to use my graphic card as default. Is that possible?

ok … that one is not needed.

Yes that is possible. You can create your own custom xorg configs or use optimus-manager. Just search the forum for that :wink:

Okay but how?

upps sorry I did not see the rest of your answer

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.