Manjaro 21.3 Ruah released!

Sounds like a point release distro would suit you better.

I use the unstable branch and it’s been stable as can be for years.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion Yochanan.
I’ve been using Fedora because of that, but Manjaro always keeps me coming back to it.

You can always dual boot. Maybe use Fedora for work and Manjaro for play.

1 Like

You do realise you can time it so you apply updates when time suiys you, right? Like over a weekend…

1 Like

If you have all of your current updates, you should already have it.

Terminal:

[keith@bug ~]$ lsb_release -drc
Description:	Manjaro Linux
Release:	21.3.0
Codename:	Ruah
[keith@bug ~]$
4 Likes

I do realise it, but, it’s almost automatic for me to open it up and type sudo pacman -Syyu in case there’s something new … and sometimes I’ve regrets for having done that, hahahahaha
I think, for the time being, running updates on weekends sounds like an affordable option.

1 Like

I’m downloading this iso in order to throw a fresh install and be more careful when updating.
And this time I will set a separate /home.

My installation is over 8 years old, and completely up to date. :wink:

7 Likes

Theming is a thing. I assume you used Gnome edition, as there it is known that Gnome 42, when it came out dropped/changed some theming support. Our developers tried to get that fixed on the fresh ISO. Ask @Yochanan to write a more in detail and easy to understand tutorial to fix theme issues on Gnome, if that is your UI of choice.

2 Likes

It definitely is my DE of choice. And I love it how you guys have customized it. In 5 minutes I’ll be installing it from scratch, just to try and fix theme related stuff along the weekend.
Thanks for your suggestions.

switch to unstable please

1 Like

yes I This is good thing …

6 posts were split to a new topic: Pamac vs pacman for upgrading

Can the new iso files uploaded to Manjaro Linux - Browse Files at SourceForge.net ?

Here is the release announcement on Distrowatch: https://distrowatch.com/

@Keruskerfuerst for future reference: when linking to a news article, you generally want to use the permlink for that article, instead of the top-level domain for the news site. The news article will not always be on the front page, and you still want the link to work long after it’s been bumped.

2 Likes

manjaro-xfce-21.3.0-220617-linux515.iso-error-message

FYI: The above message appears when booting this Manjaro Live ISO, manjaro-xfce-21.3.0-220617-linux515.iso. It had not appeared in the prior ISO.

Mostly related to this: FS#74534 : [mkinitcpio] shutdown hook copy

WoW! Was waiting for this from a long time. Great work. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Manjaro for Japanese Users

For more information
(Japanese information)
Manjaro Linux Live Environments for Japanese Users