Manjaro 21.2.0 Qonos released!

The Manjaro User Guide pdf file on the Live ISO has information about different install methods with lots of screenshots to show the differences between booting and installing on BIOS and UEFI

2 Likes

Merry Christmas guys :partying_face::grinning:

1 Like

here

Does Calamares now properly create and configure the swapfile (in a nested subvolume) for hibernation on BTRFS?

LordTermor, you pointed to the current thread to find .pkg.
Firestar pointed to the manjaro.org, which download section perhaps used more frequently and exactly this section lacks pkg description file.

Firestar, I believe you know where a feature request section located at :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Slow and lagging system

Thanks, I cannot find it because I thought you mean Manjaro - XFCE

Hello,

my 2-in-1 laptop is full supported with Manjaro 21.2 KDE. :smiley: No problem with wayland. I have only one issue with the Automatic screen rotation. When I flip the screen to the left or to the right (90°), the screen is inverted (the taskbar is at the top of the screen and inverted). Otherwise, it is good.

Did a fresh install - i like to get rid of old config files once in while to flush out the settings that would become obsolete. Moreover wanted to switch over to Btrfs. Best decision ever!

Everything went super smooth. Things were setup much better. Electron apps work in Wayland out-of-the-box - no more blurry fonts. What a distro! What a release! Everything I need just work. Oh my god!

(Please do not mind the screenshot. I could not resist posting.)

5 Likes

Can someone remove the files 21.2pre1 and 21.2rc1 in the directories of KDE, Gnome and XFCE:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarolinux/files/

Why should we? Those are regular releases just like others.

And for the new year 21.2.1 Beta 1: Release 202201010643 · manjaro/release-review · GitHub

Not home to check, but is Wayland enabled by default?

New to Manjaro so not sure

Thanks in advance

GNOME: Yes
KDE: No
Others: Don’t know

1 Like

And now its released stable

Another big change is that evince now become pre-installed in KDE minimal ISO, it seems to be needed by xdg-desktop-portal-gnome. Is it necessary? KDE already has okular.

1 Like

You should have xdg-desktop-portal-kde, not xdg-desktop-portal-gnome. What depends on xdg-desktop-portal-gnome? :thinking:

I recently built a new pc and installed using the KDE minimal ISO. I removed evince and that removed xdg-desktop-portal-gnome as it was then orphaned.

We’ll see why that’s happening. For now you can remove xdg-desktop-portal-gtk and/or xdg-desktop-portal-gnome.

1 Like
sudo pacman -Rn xdg-desktop-portal-gnome
sudo pacman -Rn evince

I checked the pkgs file and found:

xdg-desktop-portal 1.10.1-1
xdg-desktop-portal-gnome 41.1-1
xdg-desktop-portal-gtk 1.10.0-3
xdg-desktop-portal-kde 5.23.4-1