Manjaro 21.1 Pahvo Release is near

Well, it depends on the Edition. Plasma Edition has some theme issues it seems with this build.

Updated KDE ISOs: Release 202108061857 · manjaro-plasma/download · GitHub

ok, i’m a gnome fan…so i’m trying it sir…
thank you sir

Latest xfce release (202108061308) freezes my laptop entirely after launching pacman-mirrors -g just after booting.

No problem with Gnome Edition on Asus Rog G15 (amd/nvidia).
Works great. Thank you very much.

I have opened an issue here to discuss the question:

1 Like

Hi,
Getting this issue, both in VM and in real hardware when trying to install the latest GNOME (minimal) ISO

Just letting you know

3 Likes

I got it also…but only with a Gnome

i tried to install Pahvo on a new intel zenbook. It boots fine from usb, but the installed manjaro cannot boot. Fails with:

Device UUID (id here) not found, skipping fsck.

in BIOS the raid controller is activated and its not possible to disable the controller.
I edited the mkinitcpio.conf and added the vmd module. Now manjaro boots fine.

But that is to difficult for new linux users. If the installer use the vmd module to install manjaro, it must add the module to the mkinitcpio.conf.

A new ISO set is now online. We can’t call it 21.1-rc4 yet …

The latest release fixed the installation issue I had

Some odd issues with Gnome ISOs still exists. Especially with the old legacy layout. @Chrysostomus is taking a closer look. KDE edition should be now themed better. XFCE should be fine already.

2 Likes

You can use the ventoy package and to copy how many images you want to store on your USB storage (stick, card reader, external device) as you want.
The ventoy image manager tool does not offer support of every image, but most of them/used often by a user are supported and the project is actively developing, adding features including support new image types.
It suggest one time (only initial time) to format your drive completely but after that you are able to copy an image files your want to your usb storage and to upgrade the ventoy's system files without re-format the drive.

It is awesome app, almost perfect.
Welcome to use it.

Hope that these issues with Gnome won’t will not delay too long the release of Manjaro 21.1 Pahvo.
I told to a friend of mine to wait the release of Manjaro 21.1 because this one has all the
last versions (softwares, desktop, kernel, …).

Thanks.

no! versions change only with branch (if stable no change after update)

How do you permanently remove mtray from the autostart in 21.1 RC3? Neither in the settings of mtray itself nor in the autostart settings of Plasma it can be deactivated (it appears after the restart there again). Or is the only way to mute it to uninstall it completely?

To understand: mtray does not work for me as thought. It does no more update after the first time. Possibly the reason is because I have the page with the forum open all the time in the browser and also stay logged in. Anyway mtray is useless for me and I don’t want to have it sitting in the tray like this :wink:

matray with a :wink:
autostart is in this package not in kde setting (file in /etc/xdg/autostart/)

1 Like

We are preparing another review ISO set to see how ready we are now. So far both Gnome and KDE Maintainers told be we are in good shape …

5 Likes

@philm: If the last review ISO set that you will give us is good, does it mean that we can hope the final release for this week or for the next weekend ? Or the last review ISO will it be the final release ?

Regards.

yay :slight_smile: got the stable today in the unstable channel