Failed to load kernel module after installing proprietary nvidia driver

I have a gt710 and previously I had the nouveau driver which got instaled by default. I wanted to play CS:GO, I would usually get around 110 fps in the menu but was getting around 30-40 so decided to install proprietary drivers.

I was following the wiki and the next step was to restart, but after restart it says “[Failed] Failed to start Load kernel Module” just this, twice, with no extra information

I tried to reinstall Manjaro and then tried again to install drivers. Every time I installed the proprietary drivers, my pc wouldn’t boot, I tried using both GUI and terminal and even tried installing older version.

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information. [HowTo] Provide System Information
  2. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  1. You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

What kernel do you use ? EOL ?

If your GPU isn’t too old (and I don’t think it is, I think it uses the 470 driver), the nvidia driver can be preinstalled if you choose the proprietary driver option on the first screen when you install manjaro.

When you say you tried GUI, do you mean Hardware Configuration found in Manjaro Settings Manager or do you mean installing the driver through Pamac, I’m not sure if it makes a difference. Anyway I would personally use the tool created for installing drivers (Hardware Configuration).