Manjaro Hello-Release Info has a few inconsistencies

I am on xfce Unstable here and Manjaro Hello just updated from 0.6.6-5 to 0.6.7-1. Under Release Info the top panel refers to Manjaro Pahvo 21.1.0, but the text references Manjaro 21.0 and Ornara in a couple of places.

1 Like

You’re right. It looks like the text under Documentation → Release Info needs to be updated.

@Ste74 can you shed some light on this?

Actually on xfce Stable I get in the pamac log upon every activity:
Warnung: manjaro-hello: Lokale Version (0.6.7-2) ist neuer als extra (0.6.6-8)

[Warning: manjaro-hello: Local version (0.6.7-2) is newer than extra (0.6.6-8)]

For version 0.6.7-2 pamac reports that it was created 17.Jul.2021 and installed 24.July.
On the project page shown in pamac Applications / manjaro-hello · GitLab under “Releases” the topmost is 0.5.11 “created 3 years ago”.
Maybe I should fetch the most recent Manjaro image and check, which manjaro-hello is current? Or should I just “downgrade” to 0.6.6-8?

When I started using Manjaro, “Hello” did give a good starting point for selecting applications for a purpose; meanwhile I rather use pamac search with a keyword… I came from debian-based Knoppix, which also suggests for many things several alternatives to try. The only issue with “Hello” that I remember was that for some categories the top recommendations in “Hello” seemed not to be aligned with the top entries in pamac categories - too much choice can also be a pain… - and once I had something installed from “Hello”, and either it was a different version than pamac had as most recent or it lacked some dependencies; it’s quite a while ago, but that was the trigger for me to stay with pamac for installing something and just look up “Hello” for ideas what might be useful for me.

Best regards,
Dirk