DXVK: Vulkan 1.0 no longer supported

I have to install vulkan 1.0.65 to be able to use dxvk because my laptop graphic is old version and the latest driver version for it is 390xx(This driver supports vulkan version 1.0.65 and earlier).
How can I replace the old version of vulkan 1.0.65 with the current version(1.2.159) in Manjaro?

I am using Nvidia gt720m on my laptop with optimus technology.

for more information you can see the dxvk release note on version 1.5.2:

Vulkan 1.1 is now required, which means that very old drivers will no longer be able to run DXVK:

* **AMD** / **Intel** : Mesa 17.3 and older
* **Nvidia:** 390.xx and older

Additionally, the Vulkan loader installed on the system must support Vulkan 1.1.

Note that having an incompatible driver installed, even alongside more recent versions, may cause Vulkan initialization failure or application crashes on startup. Remove any such drivers when running into issues.

The reason for this change is that the Vulkan 1.0 fallback path was largely untested and did not always work correctly, removing it also allowed for a minor code cleanup.

https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases

lspci command:

lspci | grep -E “VGA|3D”
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
04:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF117M [GeForce 610M/710M/810M/820M / GT 620M/625M/630M/720M] (rev a1)

ls /usr/lib/ | grep libvulkan :

libvulkan.so
libvulkan.so.1
libvulkan.so.1.2.159

Downgrading will not help. Either your hardware and driver is supported or it’s not. It’s not.

Hello @morilp :wink:

That will not work. Only way it could maybe work is compiling dxvk and vulkan yourself with the correct version. But that is not a beginner task :smiley:

Thank you for the reply
I did compile dxvk and i used it with intel GPU it worked normally but my problem is Nvidia GPU(390xx) which only work with Vulkan 1.0.65!
I searched for compiling Vulkan from source but i didn’t find the solution!
Now my question is, How can i find and compile Vulkan 1.0.65 source code?

Don’t know if its what your looking for or if it will solve your problem but there’s a dxvk-legacy-git in the aur

the problem was new features of vulkan which my graphic cards vulkan library doesn’t support them! when i try to run the World of Warcraft 3.3.5a everything was fine with dxvk and there was nothing wrong.! But when I was trying to run the new version of world of warcraft(8.xx), I encountered an error.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.