Pamac don't use my arc window decoration

Hi,
I just installed a fresh manjaro KDE image. The first thing I usually do, is adding the missing languages, change icons and window decoration. So now, I use Korla icons and Arc dark theme. In some cases, the Arc theme isn’t 100% working. When I open Pamac, I see the a bright Breeze window decoration, which hurts my eyes after several hours of darkness…

Maybe it’s a bug of pamac or KDE or I don’t know. Did anybody experience the same behavior?
What I can say is, after every system settings change or software installation I do a system restart. Many other applications are working very well with the arc dark theme.

I use:
Manjaro Linux 64-bit
KDE-Plasma-Version: 5.20.3
KDE-Frameworks-Version: 5.76.0
Qt-Version: 5.15.1
Kernel-Version: 5.8.18-1-MANJARO

Actually, i wanted to show you a screenshot of my problem, because as a noob, it’s easier to describe with pictures, but somehow I can’t upload media :(((((((( A little illogical…

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

What you need to understand, first and foremost, is that KDE Plasma and the KDE applications are all based upon the Qt widget toolkit, while the Pamac GUI is based upon the GTK toolkit that (among others) GNOME, Cinnamon, Budgie, MATE, LXDE and XFCE are using. And GTK doesn’t play nicely with Qt-style theming.

You’ll have to go into the System Settings and select… :arrow_down:

Appearance → Application StyleConfigure GNOME/GTK application style…

2 Likes

BIG THANKS!!! That is the solution. I just did the steps as you described and now I am satisfied!!

Also big thanks for the useful description to understand the problem! you are very professional :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.