Install vala-panel-appmenu-xfce (XFCE Global Menu) on ARM

If you install with pamac/yay, it would provide you an option to edit the PKGBUILD. Choose E option to EDIT. After change the fields shown below, press ctrl + x to exit the editor, and proceed with the installation.

Change the field: _disable_budgie=false
to: _disable_budgie=true
If you don´t do this an error will appear:
vala-panel-appmenu/meson.build:81:0: ERROR: Dependency “budgie-1.0” not found, tried pkgconfig and cmake

Change the field: arch=(‘i686’ ‘x86_64’)
to: arch=(‘i686’ ‘x86_64’ ‘aarch64’). Instead everything I could put arch=(‘any’)

• Dependencies installed: (ex: mutter, budgie-desktop, gnome-desktop, gnome-session, xorg-xwayland and etc)

OPTION 1:
$ sudo pamac build vala-panel-appmenu-xfce

• If you use pamac, after finish you have to uninstall manually the dependencies with:
    $ sudo pamac remove -o

OPTION 2:
$ yay --editmenu -S vala-panel-appmenu-xfce

• If you use yay, after finish, yay will uninstall automatically the dependencies, if you chose this when asked.

OPTION 3:
Use the pamac GUI to edit the PKGBUILD.
After change the indicated field, press SAVE. At the next window, press APPLY.

• After finish, you have to uninstall manually the dependencies (Installed > orphans) or at terminal with:
    $ sudo pamac remove -o

Something usefull to is change AUR to let vala-panel-appmenu-xfce be installed easily too, without need to put the arch

1 Like

If its that simple (add the arch to the line) … then you can/should probably notify the AUR package maintainer.

I would advise against this, as this would indicate that the same package could be used on any architecture, which is only the case, when there is no compiling involved, like bash/python scripts.