Make samba share available in Thunderbird file attachement dialogue

Hi folks,
until recently I used netrunner rolling distro (Manjaro-based with KDE-desktop) which offered the possibility to enter a samba share under systemsettings - network settings - networkdevices.
Without entering the samba share in fstab that entry made the samba share available systemwide and for any application that is offering a fileselection dialogue e.g. Thunderbird for attaching files to an e-mail.
After netrunner rolling is no longer maintained and the developers recommended to switch to manjaro directly I use manjaro since then but I am not able to make samba shares available for Thunderbird.
The mentioned systemsettings option in netrunner rolling for samba shares is not available in manjaro system settings.
I don’t know if the mentioned settings option was a distro specific patch but I couldn’t find any packages the would add this function to the system settings in Manjaro.
Does anybody have any suggestions how to achieve this? Maybe AJSlye or some other guy from the former netrunner rolling distro?
Many thanks in advance
Frank

Smb4K does exactly what you want, and much more! Give it a try. :slight_smile:

It can be installed from the software/package manager. The package name is smb4k

It has a lot of options and configurability, but after some time it’s a good idea to go through the settings. The most important things to get familiar with are

• the “default mount location” (I use /home/smb4k, since I don’t want any directory trees under my home user’s folder)
  • the “bookmarks”
  • and the password/authentication management.