Make networkmanager-l2tp available again in packages

Looks like networkmanager-l2tp has been moved from AUR to the “official” Arch packages recently: https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/networkmanager-l2tp/

It seems that this move has caused networkmanager-l2tp to disappear completely from the Manjaro software / packages.

Any way how to get it back?

It’s currently only available in the unstable repo.

EDIT: Now available in all branches.

The PKGBUILD from the AUR is here. Save it as PKGBUILD and…

sudo pacman -Syu --needed base-devel
mkdir ~/temp/networkmanager-l2tp && cd ~/temp/networkmanager-l2tp # or wherever you want
mv ~/Downloads/PKGBUILD ~/temp/networkmanager-l2tp
makepkg -srcif

Thanks.

Any idea how long it will take to “graduate” the package from unstable to the official repo?

Currently, there seems to be a “bug” in version 1.8.6-3 related to the wrong version of ppp:

pppd[37765]: Plugin /usr/lib/pppd/2.4.7/nm-l2tp-pppd-plugin.so is for pppd version 2.4.7, this is 2.4.8

Newbies like me often tend to follow the “have you tried turning it off and on again?” approach and try to re-install the involved packages. Which in case of networkmanager-l2tp is not easily done at the moment.

It would be nice to display some kind of warning in pamac / pacman that the package is not available in any repository at the moment (even if it is currently installed).

There actually might not be an x86_64 stable update for awhile as a majority of the team is focusing on ARM right now.

Rebuilding it as outlined above against ppp 2.4.8 will fix that.

Rebuilding it as outlined above against ppp 2.4.8 will fix that.

Thanks. That worked.

There actually might not be an x86_64 stable update for awhile as a majority of the team is focusing on ARM right now.

Does that mean, that current users won’t receive updates for networkmanager-l2tp and new users won’t be able to install it on Manjaro?
I understand that Manjaro’s default package repositories are based on but different from the Arch package repositories. Is there a way to add the Arch package repository to Manjaro and just install this one package (Arch Linux - networkmanager-l2tp 1.8.6-4 (x86_64)) from there?

Or should I keep track of the PKGBUILD there and use above instructions to manually build any updates as they become available there?

What is your recommendation?

Might as well. I just pushed 1.8.6-3.1 to testing and 1.8.6-3.0 to stable.

Thanks a lot! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.