Thread title changed from "Fix Manjaro's GRUB" to "Make Manjaro installer images work with Rufus"
Continuing the discussion from So, what the heck happened to the bug tracker?:
GRUB works to spec on all other distros, so something is broken in Manjaro's GRUB.
I've looked through the GRUB packaging files on GitLab and can't find anything relating to FAT (or modules in general).
A number of thoughts:
- We've deviated a lot from Arch's PKGBUILD
- Arch's PKGBUILD has enabled 32-bit EFI for 64-bit GRUB
- We're carrying a lot of patches
- We appear to be distributing an unreleased/development GRUB version (2.03)
So it seems to me there are a couple of things to do.
- Re-align with upstream Arch's PKGBUILD to minimise potential for introducing untested changes
- Build a "plain" GRUB 2.02 (or 2.04rc) and see if that fixes the above issue; for example, has the development version introduced a regression or defaults change