Server not found , conection issues

hey there,
i’m facing network connectivity issues here. it’s not always present . but i’ve dealt enough with this issue for 30 min now. this issue persist whenever i’m on manjaro. other devices on the same wifi have no issue at all. sometime when i ping the gateway it will took a second and ping . but i cant ping google. sometimes even if i could ping google, i cant load web pages. then i changed the network settings and manually assigned ip,gateway, adn dns . this worked for now. i wish to know what could be the issue here and is there anyfix i could do ?

Have you been following random tutorials on mac switching or changing DNS or fiddling with VPN?

Is the issue present if you boot an installation ISO?

This could be anything - only viable answer is - retrace your steps - undo the changes your have made to your system.

1 Like

I’ve never done anything. This is a fresh installation. My wifi driver is rtl8821ce. I can’t use my wifi when I’m on live iso. I cloned the driver from aur. Is this have something to do with the wifi driver ?

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

1. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

2. for your specific issue the output to the following commands would be beneficial as well:

nmcli device wifi list | grep "*"
    nslookup google.com
    ping -O -D -c 4 1.1.1.1
    traceroute 1.1.1.1  

(MAC addresses and IP addresses can be blanked out from the above output if you wish.)

:+1: