Mabox Linux 20.02 released

I’m happy to announce that Mabox Linux 20.02 is available for download :slight_smile:
Mabox is Manjaro re-spin with OpenBox WM
More:

12 Likes

Always loved this spin. you keep doin you boo :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Great!
As every year, I expected a new release. Despite the prolonged work time, it was worth the wait.
I like the new solutions from jgmenu, especially the side panels.
Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks @Ulther_Ego,
Side panels were created as an experiment to learn jgmenu. At first I was skeptical about them, but I started to add new functionalities like pipemenu to view the content of directories, GTK bookmarks, and then others. After a few days I noticed that I use side panels more and more and I liked them.
I am very interested in how other users will see it.
I'm glad you like it.

jgmenu - is amazing menu for scripting.

4 Likes

I like it a lot! :grin:

A small problem I noticed: the volume indicator is somehow duplicated. Could you look into that?

@napcok
I'm still running your Mabox 17 in a VM, but about 1-2 years ago, I wasn't sure you were continuing your project so I removed your repo and some of your packages (kept the artwork and themes), and went with a pure Manjaro-repo setup.

See: Mabox to Manjaro Openbox migration

If I now wish to have the Mabox 20.02 setup, what are your repo details and keys, and what are the packages I should install from it? Any configuration-settings packages to install or files to copy?

That might be an interesting project to mess around with when I'm free. Of course, I'll make a snapshot of the VM first!

1 Like

@shenique Nice :slight_smile:
I see problem with duplicated notifications. Quick fix for now is to disable them in Volumeicons preferences.
I have to investigate this more.

Thanks for first bugreport :wink:

@wongs
Unfortunately there is no easy way to update to Mabox 20.02.
Better to do fresh install if you can.
I'm thinking how to do this easy in the future releases.
I published full Mabox profile on GitLab so you can try play with it
https://gitlab.maboxlinux.org/mabox/iso-profiles

All settings are in /etc/skel directory

Thera are only few Mabox specific packages.
Repo: http://repo.maboxlinux.org/stable/x86_64/

Most important are:
mabox-tools
mb-jgtools
mabox-keyring
mabox-themes

Hope, that helps

1 Like

I have found that disabling "XFCE Volume Daemon (Pulseaudio)" in the XDG Autostart Editor and disabling xfce4-volumed-pulse in ~/.config/openbox/autostart solved the problem. Now there is only one volume notification :grin:

1 Like

Also, while there is an active entry for clipit in XDG Autostart Editor I don't see a running clipit instance anywhere in the panel.

Could you please try to remove line:

OnlyShowIn=GNOME;XFCE;LXDE;Unity;

from ~/.config/autostart/clipit.desktop file?

That did it!

that menu is really nice!

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by