M-Audio keystation 32 sound

Hi i’m new to this M-Audio Keystation 32. I have installed driver thru aur “midisport-firmware 1.2-3” and i fiddle with cadance and qsynth with no luck.

Blockquote
lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0c45:648b Microdia Integrated Webcam
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 413c:8197 Dell Computer Corp. BCM20702A0 Bluetooth Module
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0846:9052 NetGear, Inc. A6100 AC600 DB Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8811AU]
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0a4d:129d Evolution Electronics, Ltd Keystation Mini 32
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Blockquote

I’m trying to get it to work with lmms. Thanks in beforhand.

Welcome to Manjaro forum

Please post response to this command to show if the keyboard is detected as a MIDI input device in ALSA

aconnect -i

If you are using Cadence, did you install a2jmidid for MIDI support? that package is only an optional dependency and may have been overlooked when installing.

midisport-firmware is only required for some old M-Audio MIDI devices and is probably not needed for this device. It is most likely not used and not causing any problem with hardware or other installed packages

Does Cadence allow ALSA MIDI bridge to be started or are the buttons greyed out?

If Cadence can only start JACK without the MIDI bridge, can it be started from terminal command:

a2j_control --start

Or

a2j -e

If a2j can be started the MIDI connections should be visible in Catia patchbay

If a2j fails to start, post the terminal responses to show any errors and check Cadence Logs for any additional error messages

i did install a2jmidid as an optional.
i do not have the right trustlevel to add a image in my post, but it seems that i can enable Alsa Midi bridge in cadence.

and my keystation show up in catia patchbay only problem is that i have no idea how to “wire” it correct, its even harder when i’m not allowed to show screenshot of it either as for now. If its all right with you to i can make draf in PM or if you have any other solotion.

i did try run this command

[quote] a2j -e  1 ✘
hardware ports export
usage: a2j_control [-h] [–start] [–stop] [–exit] [–status] [–gjcn] [–ma2jp MA2JP MA2JP]
[–ma2jc MA2JC MA2JC] [–mj2a MJ2A] [–ehw] [–dhw] [–aup] [–dup]
a2j_control: error: unrecognized arguments: ehw
usage: a2j_control [-h] [–start] [–stop] [–exit] [–status] [–gjcn] [–ma2jp MA2JP MA2JP]
[–ma2jc MA2JC MA2JC] [–mj2a MJ2A] [–ehw] [–dhw] [–aup] [–dup]
a2j_control: error: unrecognized arguments: start
[/quote]

Thank you for reply¸i think i need help how to wire it

Bit different from catia though, here is a screenshot of Calra patchbay.
You can connect from a midi instrument, KORG microkey in mycase, to some instruments, sfizz, a sample player.
Then connect the output of the instrument to speakers. In my case MOTU M4 audio interface and laptop’s builtin speakers.

Forum software does not allow new users to post active links or images to prevent spam
the restrictions are usually removed after a few days and you will be get Basic user badge
(you might need to click on :heart: to like one or two comments to qualify for this)

You can work around forum software restrictions by posting an inactive link to an image uploaded to imgur or similar
(add some characters or spaces so link is broken and ignored by forum, but can be edited back to a working link)

ht~tps://i.imgur.com/KwCegAt.png

I also suggest using this command to get information about Midi connections in text format:

jack_lsp -Ap | grep -iA1 midi

I can probably deduce the keyboard input connection from text data, but I have not used LMMS so might need to try connecting to different Midi inputs and see what works

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: M-Audio Keystation mini 32 (mk3)