LXDE / LXQt / Openbox - Community ISO

Community ISO rebuild

ISO is build using the official profile (master branch) found at Manjaro Gitlab and built from Manjaro stable branch as of 2021-08-09T06:00:00Z.

Edition ISO profile
LXDE gitlab
LXQt gitlab
Openbox gitlab

Download from https://iso.uex.dk

build system is running on unstable branch

$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version:	n/a
Distributor ID:	ManjaroLinux
Description:	Manjaro Linux
Release:	21.1.0
Codename:	Pahvo
$ cat /etc/lsb-release 
DISTRIB_ID=ManjaroLinux
DISTRIB_RELEASE=21.1.0
DISTRIB_CODENAME=Pahvo
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Manjaro Linux"

Build system spec.

System:
  Host: build Kernel: 5.10.56-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 Console: tty pts/0 
  Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Machine:
  Type: Desktop System: LENOVO product: 30A3001FGE v: ThinkStation E32 
  Mobo: LENOVO model: SHARKBAY v: 0B98401 PRO
  UEFI: LENOVO v: FBKTDBAUS date: 12/24/2019 
Memory:
  RAM: total: 31.04 GiB used: 1.29 GiB (4.2%) 
CPU:
  Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i5-4570 bits: 64 type: MCP cache: 
  L2: 6 MiB 
  Speed: 2836 MHz min/max: 800/3600 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 2836 2: 2597 
  3: 2691 4: 2636
16 Likes

Should probably update the title from Community ISO stable branchLXDE / LXQt / Openbox Community ISO stable branch to make it easier to find in forum searches :slight_smile:

Also, why aren’t these hosted on the official Manjaro website?

1 Like

Would you be so kind as to provide a link showing that the Manjaro official stable branch has reached 21.1. To my knowledge it has not.

21.1.0 is the current ISO version for these community builds, anyone can release their build for 21.1.0 if they feel like their version is ready for it. These are built with what is available in the current stable repo.

There is no such thing as “Manjaro’s stable branch has reached 21.1” because we are a rolling release distro.

KDE & XFCE’s 21.1.1 ISOs are already stable enough for release, but they are holding back because GNOME isn’t ready yet.

2 Likes

Run this command on your system - my build system is showing what I posted in the OP - stable branch has - according to lsb_release - been on 21.1.0 for quite some time - as @realmain points out.

lsb_release -a

Because they are unofficial - officially I resigned from maintaining them because I cannot promise a stable maintenance. I fix package issues with the current profiles.

OSDN has changed their infrastructure to Amazon which makes it a pain to upload new iso - therefore - after I resigned I decided to use a domain I control to provide the ISO.

I can do that

1 Like

While Manjaro is a rolling release, it does have releases of installable media. That media is classified by a version number. Seeing that this thread is in a forum section devoted to the release of installable media I assumed those responding would be aware of that fact, but I was wrong.

Thanks for the info. Very interesting and useful command.

I know that - I have been building these ISO for years. This topic is created in the section #contributions:spins and while the ISOs has been official they are now unofficial and you can read why in the topic I linked above - or the featured topic from my profile.

As I don’t want to create confusion on the official Manjaro releases I have specifically left out any mention of versioning. Instead I used the output from lsb_release to describe what content to expect.

These ISO are rebuilds using what-ever version the official repo is providing at build time.

The ISO name, release version and the text in the installer is auto-generated by manjaro-tools from /etc/lsb-release on the system running the buildiso script.

Screenshot from LXDE installed using the present LXDE ISO

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion, the first part of my previous post was directed to the person I quoted. thanks for the screen shot, but your previous post with the command was quite helpful.

Age does seem to be a cruel mistress. At 58 my body long ago decided to add 10 years extra to its wear and tear. Thankfully the mind is still 58.

1 Like

I’m glad there is LXQT ISO (though I discovered it late unfortunately).

I hope there would be a link on Manjaro website to the community editions. (LXQT is not there!)