I installed manjaro now ~5 times in different ways. My impression is, manjaro does have an problem either with luks ecryption and
- to long / complex luks passwords
- language char set
(Note: All in all a good installer, compared with other linux distros, witch give good hints to prevent install falues. thanks for that)
All in all, I installed (gnome version ) by replacing a given partition, with encryption version set.
- installer fails without error, if I tried to replace a given manjaro partition from previous install, if I chose another password then before
- every startup of the system failed, because partition could not be encrypted. (Password is same, then on other LUKS Linux partitions on that system)
- Encryption passphrase promt does not show the selected keyboard layout (startup of fedora does, for example)
- password has been set with german keyboard layout in the manjaro installer.
- password has been set currectly every time. I tried it, by manually mounting partition from within another system
- I also choosed an password, witch was long but simple, to prevent keyboard layout mistakes. you can try it by setting 00000000011111111122222222 as luks password
- afterwards I had choose a simple 6 char password and viola, finally I wrote from that fresh manjaro installation now.
I hope, that may help you to find the underlying error.
Thank you so much!