Lowering the threshold of contributing

for CI ? gitlab com :

Effective October 1, 2020 - limit for free tier. : We are updating the CI/CD minutes limit in the Free tier to 400 minutes per group per month, with the ability to purchase additional CI/CD minutes at $10 for 1000 minutes (valid for a year).

but if manjaro go in gitlab com is for get silver ?

Regarding the licensing costs, GitLab offers Gold License for Open Source Projects, see requirements below.

Also, when CI minutes are the main feature of the license, you could just self-host some runners for that money.

I’d like to get into contributing to manjaro, but I’m not sure yet, how much I’ll contribute. So for this, it’s just not worth it. And to be honest: I don’t want to fall back to a command line merge request, if the GUI (theoretically) offers a much nicer experience.

Program Requirements

1. OSI-approved open source license – All of the code you host in this GitLab group must be published under OSI-approved open source licenses
  2. Non-profit – Your organization must not seek to make a profit. Accepting donations to sustain your efforts is ok
  3. Publicly visible – Your GitLab com group or self-hosted instance and your source code must be publicly visible and publicly available
4 Likes