"Drag start" mouse settings don't seem to do anything

I’m having an issue where when I click on things with my mouse, it almost always starts a drag instead (unless I make a very conscious effort to hold the mouse still). I switched my mouse driver from libinput to evdev so that the advanced settings would show up in Kde but I can’t seem to fix the issue using the “Drag start time” and “Drag start distance” settings.

All of the other settings in that menu have a noticeable effect, so I think I did the driver switch correctly (I’ve only been using linux as my main OS for a few weeks at this point so I’m learning as I go) but I’m not sure what else to try, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a DPI button on the mouse, try to reduce DPI. Make sure you have “Adaptive acceleration” selected at the mouse options, in system settings. The last resort is to lower mouse acceleration in software.

This happened to me for a while when I bought a new mouse with high DPI. I really can’t work with the max DPI setting of the mouse, it’s only for playing games.

1 Like

I don’t seem to have an option for adaptive acceleration in the system settings (though if I search for “adaptive” it does highlight the mouse section) but I’ll try reducing the DPI and see how I get on - thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like