Logout on lid closed and wrong monitor settings on boot up

Hello everyone,

i kind of have two separate issues with my manjaro openbox installation. I am running it on a Dell Latitude 7490.

1. How do I set up logout on closing the lid? The laptop suspends properly but never logs out. I tried setting up the suspend using the tutorial on Arch’s wiki but as I’m relatively new to Linux it’s a hard read and I don’t know if I’ve done it right. Is there a more straight forward or more comprehend-able process?

2. I have the issue that sometimes my Manajro decides to use 1440x1080 resolution on boot up. After login it switches to 1920x1080 after a couple of seconds. It’s really annoying because I have to reset the wallpaper and restart the Polybar every god damn time this happens. Is there a way to force Linux to boot in 1920x1080 mode?

Thanks in advance! If you need any more info please ask because I have no damn clue what else I should post or not.

Edit: Issue Nr. 2 seems resolved. I had to change the grub settings to 1920x1080 resolution.

read through this, it explains how to provide info needed for others to help you

Normally the system won’t logout on suspend, but you might mean locking session. For that, you need a locker app, like oblogout, or light-locker.
Else, you need to create a script and a service.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, light-locker worked perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by